PwnPlayer Beta 3 REVIEW

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by lessermaster, Oct 5, 2008.

1. lessermaster

lessermaster New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    NOTES: I WILL UPDATE THIS PAGE AS ERRRICK SENDS OUT NEW BETAS!
    Here is errrick's update description page:
    http://forum.pwnplayer.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2
    To all the people who are mad at me for my earlier thread, it might be reassuring to you that I did actually donate five dollars to errrick (my name is Nathan Lesser, it's on his donated list) and received the beta legitimately. Anyhow, here's the review:

PwnPlayer Beta 3 Review

Here's the featured page. Overall, it's pretty nice besides the lack of a back button.

Please Register or Log in to view images

This is the settings page (accessible from the featured page). It's a very good feature, especially the ability to change the root directories.

This is how the playlist page looks. Overall, the playlists function properly and help PwnPlayer differ from Apple's music player.

This is the music library for files transfered through iTunes. It functions just as well as Apple's music player, and CoverFlow is now in Alphabetic order by Album, not Artist! (this is good.)

This is how the File System playback page looks like. It works great, but I wish we could change the file name in PwnPlayer (it gets annoying using MobileFinder).

This is the search page. I like the diversity of ways to search: by artist, album, song, files, and all. The search time is a tad too long, though.

Back to playlists! This picture shows you how to edit the playlists; you can delete a song by tapping the "-" sign, or you can add songs by tapping the "+" sign. You actually navigate through the PwnPlayer app to pick a song, you don't just scroll through a list like in Apple's music player.

Last Comments: PwnPlayer is definatley a very functional app; not just one that sits idle on your Springboard.

Frequency of Use: A Lot.
    Functionality (bugs, GUI, etc): As of right now, very good. Only a few issues.
    Ease of Use: Very easy to use app.
    Overall Score: 9/10. Of course, this is a beta, so I'll update this score as new betas are released.

Thanks for reading! I hope this convinces all to donate to errrick for his amazing application! If you want more information, please post your question.

Attached Files:

2. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
  3. lessermaster

lessermaster New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks!
  4. cainy

cainy New Member

that is gonna be soooo awesome when its finally released, wonder if there will be a video app at some point, i knw thats gettin wayy to far ahead, but it would be nice to not have to use itunes for videos lol
  5. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Holy moly shizzoli steve peve!
  6. lessermaster

lessermaster New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well, you might be able to download videos through MxTube and watch them in PwnPlayer (when it gets video support).
  7. keyboarder

keyboarder Banned

d@#^ thats nice
  8. MeleeMan101

MeleeMan101 Banned

What the bloody f***? I already made one of these threads with screenshots....
  9. cacman93

cacman93 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    hey melee, this is for beta 3, not beta 2.
  10. lessermaster

lessermaster New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Goodness, please calm down.
    By the way, your thread only contains two screenshot, which doesn't exactly give everyone a good idea of PwnPlayer. Lastly, this is a review WITH screenies, not just a screenshots thread.