Pwn'ed 2.0.2 performance versus 1.1.5, anyone?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by FloodPing, Sep 5, 2008.

1. FloodPing

FloodPing New Member

I've just upgraded my iPod from 1.1.5 to 2.0.2 (with QuickPwn jailbreak) - I want to be able to develop using Apple's SDK, so I actually have no choice.

However - it looks for me that the new version is significantly slower, especially scrolling and the whole contacts application. Even the SSH console seems lagged. I've downloaded 'top' utility, but cpu usage looks fine. Confused...

I found a few stories saying about 2.0 and 2.0.1 being very bad quality, and 2.0.2 repairing lots of issues. However I've found no direct comparison of 1.1.5 versus 2.0.2.

So... Can anyone comment on that?

Perhaps it's best to wait and see if 2.0.3 improves anything.
  2. Kargo

Kargo Member

Device:
    iPad
    Its fine for me. Im on 2.0.2
  3. FatherVic

FatherVic New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have been on 2.0.2 for just a couple of days now. I was waiting for Nemus Sync to offer 2.0+ compatibility.

My complaints so far have primarily been with the wifi. I have found that my internet connection fails every so often. There is no real pattern to it; it just fails. To fix it, I installed BigBoss's wifi toggle switch and keep it in the dock. One caveat to this is that when I am connected to the Ipod via ssh, it is not interrupted when the internet fails. This little tidbit leads me to believe that it is a problem with the network stack and not necessarily the wifi drivers or hardware.

My other problem is that the accelerometer seems to fail after a while. Some games like ball in a cup and Lander (from the store) fail to work after a time. They just stutter and fail. A reboot of the ipod seems to clear that up.

I have also noticed that every once in a while, all apps will fail to load properly and return me to the springboard. After a good reboot, apps work fine.

I see plenty of problem with it so far. I do hope that the next release will address my issues.

OffTopic: I used to use AVplayer a lot. Any suggestions for this app on 2.0+?