Pwncenter

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by supajonkata, Jan 6, 2009.

1. supajonkata

supajonkata New Member

For those of you dedicated gentlemen still interested in jailbreaking even after all of this AppStore shenanigans then you may want to check out pwncenter.com I'm feeling really lazy right now so instead of describing it I'll paste their description:

The PwnZone is a system that lets you upload packages (your iPhone apps or themes) and distribute them freely through our repository (our Cydia source). All you do is upload one and fill in details about it. Then after we recieve it and approve it, we will put it on our repository! There is more, too. You can edit your package information and see live detailed statistics on people looking and downloading your packages. There are many other features, too!

http://pwncenter.com/
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks, but it doesn't open until February and anyway if you have an app, theme or other package you can send it to one of the many repos already existing to be hosted (BigBoss, iSpazio etc.). I don't really see how this is different? Am I missing something?
  3. NickFrey

NickFrey New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi,
    I am the guy who made the PwnZone/PwnCenter. We aren't waiting until Feb 2nd anymore, we will be open anytime now as soon as saurik puts up our repo.

In reply to studangerous, we are unique in many ways to other repos. With the PwnZone, you can customize. You make an account and you can upload packages instead of emailing them. With the automated system, we can put the package on the repo in a very short time compared to other hosts, as we are constantly watching for packages. You can edit your packages live, upload screenshots, etc. We give details stats, like how many people are viewing a package in Cydia, and download stats that update in real-time (like other hosts).

Besides packages, its a good place to be with friends, as you can become friends with other users, send them messages, and view their profile and edit yours. We will even have live chat with your friends soon!

So yeah, thats why the site is worth using. You get the same features of other hosts, and more.