PwnageTool not working???

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by elmachotaco, Aug 25, 2008.

1. elmachotaco

elmachotaco New Member

Alright so I recently upgraded to 2.0.2 seeing as PwnageTool now supports 2.0.2 jailbreaking for Macs. So, I plugged in my iPod, opened up PwnageTool, and proceeded to create the ipsw file. I chose the ipsw with this name, "iPod1,1_2.0.2_5C1_Restore.ipsw"

Then I continued with the whole process of holding down the power and home button, then releasing the power button and holding the home button, etc.

Once my ipod entered DFU mode, I went into iTunes, which recognized the ipod in recovery mode, and and attempted to restore my ipod using my custom ipsw restore file.

Everything seemed to be running smoothly. The pineapple logo showed up, and everything. BUT, as soon as the process seemed as if it had finished, my ipod flashed black, and a window in iTunes opened saying that my ipod had been restored properly and was now restarting. My ipod restarted, but instead of showing the pineapple logo and starting up, all it showed was a white screen.......a blank......white....screen. So I waited for a few minutes hoping it would do something. No luck. I've tried the process twice now, same thing.

PLEASE. Somebody help.

Thank you.
  2. ricardofelix95

ricardofelix95 Banned

Put it in DFU mode and downgrade to 2.0.1.

PwnageTool seem to be having problems with iPods.

I suggest you downgrade.

OffTopic: Is the boot logo problem fixed?
  3. elmachotaco

elmachotaco New Member

So I should downgrade and not upgrade to 2.0.2 until everything is fixed up with PwnageTool?

Can you change boot logos with the 2.0.1 jailbreak?
  4. ricardofelix95

ricardofelix95 Banned

5. elmachotaco

elmachotaco New Member

Ok, thank you.

What were the benefits of the 2.0.2 software release anyways, what did apple improve.