iOS 4.2 PwnageTool bundle for 4.2?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by freemini, Oct 22, 2010.

1. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I tried modifying it(didn't work, and didn't expect it to) but with no results. Since the exploit is kind of untethered(MuscleNerd said that he can use comex's hacks to untether the limera1n exploit for life), why not? I tried renaming everything in the bundle file to 4.2 files, but with not success(still saying Wrong bundle file selected). So it anyone smart enough to make a bundle that works with 4.2? I have read about custom bundles(i.e many early iPhone 3G jb, some 3gs also).
    UPDATE: I found a bundle, didn't work. It's stuck in DFU mode(weird, since if a jailbreak fails, it usually goes to recovery mode not DFU).
    UPDATE2: Wow, got a huge scare.. It couldn't "Prepare iPad for restore".. I was REALLY scared. I'm restoring to 3.2 now. Then 3.2.2 pwned then 4.2 pwned(hopefully it works that way).
    UPDATE3: Failed, waiting for bundle update

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    There's more then renaming files.
  3. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    yeah, I found a bundle. I'm building the IPSW now. I would be awesome if it would work

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. sonicroxs

sonicroxs New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Did it work?
  5. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    No, iTunes can't "Prepare iPad for restore".. It fails just after it extracts the ipsw. I tried all kinds of things, like update from home, restore from home, recovery and DFU. None worked.. I'll keep an eye on the bundle, when it gets updated, I'm trying again.
  6. casiej

casiej New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    try this

7. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I have no idea how to do all of that. I just copied the bundle I found over to PwnageTool. I don't know anything about exploits and complicated things like that..
  8. momentumhacker

momentumhacker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Really not that complicated.

PwnageTool bundles consist of patch files which are applied to the decrypted firmware files of whatever firmware you're jalibreaking. Simply renaming files and changing keys/ivs will not do anything. The patch files are made for a certain firmware and that firmware only. The patches change with each firmware, so applying old patches to a new firmware update will cause the IPSW to always fail when restoring, no matter what.

Just wait for iPhone Dev; it's really not that hard.
  9. Shengis14

Shengis14 Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    actually it is possible, my friend jailbroke his iphone 3Gs on 4.2 betas (old bootrom) using a custom pwnage tool bundle made by msft_guy, it would be hard to port though as the 24kpwn and limera1n use different exploits, but by changing vectors and suck like... ? maybe ?