iOS 3.1 Pwnage Tool 3.1.4 doesn't work on OSX 10.4

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by CurveBall, Oct 14, 2009.

1. CurveBall

CurveBall New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hi all,

I'm running MacOSX Tiger 10.4 and I'm having some problems with this Pwnage Tool release. When I mount the .dmg file, finder shows up showing the content of the .dmg file. Then I hit the icon of the Pwnage Tool, the icon shows up in the Dock, jumps a few times and then disappears.

I've downloaded the PT 3.1.4 from several different mirrors and the one via Bit*******. but they all have the same problem. Also, when Finder shows the content of the .dmg file, it tells me that there is only 3.8MB available...
    I'm running OX 10.4 as a Virtual Machine on an Windows. I only use it to create a custom firmware. The actual restore happens on a Windows machine. I've used the PT 3.1.3 on the same machine and it worked well but this version doesn't even lauch...
    I hope someone can help me out with this problem,
    Thanks in advance

Please Register or Log in to view images

!
  2. Kukumber

Kukumber New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have the same problem, PwnageTool 3.1.4 just bounces in the dock and disappears (running 10.4.8).

3. drunkevil

drunkevil New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hi,
    I had this problem too
    I was on a virtual machine with OS X 10.4.8 and i had to upgrade to OS X 10.4.9
    then I installed itunes 8.0.2 and quicktime 7.3
    Pwnage tool worked with itunes 8.0.2 but to install both itunes 8.0.2 and quicktime 7.3 i had to upgrade to OS X 10.4.9
    I guess PwnageTool checks what version of itunes is installed on OS X before opening.
  4. CurveBall

CurveBall New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    How do you upgrade to 10.4.9 when 10.4.11 is already released? 10.4.11 gives me kernel panic in vmware and refuses to boot...
  5. drunkevil

drunkevil New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You probably upgraded using the software update tool. To upgrade look for tutorials on the osx86 wiki website. You can update to 10.4.9 by downloading the file from the apple website but you can't upgrade the kernel so you have to backup some files. You'll find all the information you need on the osx86 wiki website or on google. I was recentely able to upgrade to 10.4.11 and install itunes 9.0.1. You can do that too but to upgrade to 10.4.11 you have to upgrade to 10.4.9 first and then to 10.4.10. As i said, in every case do not upgrade via the apple software update tool because this will update your kernel too. I don't know if i'm allowed to post links to the tutorials...
    So try looking at the osx86 wiki website otherwise google it

good luck
  6. CurveBall

CurveBall New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Thanks for that, but I've just turned an old PC of mine into a hackintosh. It's very limited though. I don't have internet connection but at least the Pwnage Tool is working

So this problem is solved.
    Thanks everybody for you help.
  7. drunkevil

drunkevil New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    To get an internet connection, I had to modify my IONetworkingFamily.kext but it always depends on the network card you have.
  8. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    im going to try that now ^^ lol