pwnage tool 3.1.3 bandwidth question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zsquad, Oct 5, 2009.

1. zsquad

zsquad New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have a iphone 3g jailbroken on 3.0 and at&t, and im looking to upgrade to 3.1. i have a mac and pwnage tool. however, when i get to the step where i change the general settings to uncheck "activate" and check "enable bandwidth upgrade", i cannot check the upgrade bandwidth box because it is "grayed out". all of the guides ive seen say to check off that box and uncheck the "activate" box if youre on at&t, but i cant check off the right box. also, under bootneuter, unlock is check off and grayed out too. what do i do so that when i restore to it my at&t phone is activated? i dont need it unlocked, if that matters any.
  2. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You don't have to worry about anything if you're on AT&T.

Simply make the IPSW and Restore to it.
  3. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Just like Bubalooshi said don't worry about it much.

You might want to leave it un-activated and go through the activation process like normal (if you have a legitimate iPhone plan). If you activate it you may have to unlock it to get service (I am not honestly sure why this is but have seen it go either way using AT+T).

Don't worry about the "Enable baseband update" (I'm assuming that is what you were referring to); it is normal to be grayed out.

Lastly, the Bootneuter settings are only for the 2G and they won't work with the 3G.
  4. zsquad

zsquad New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This may sound stupid, but how would I activate it if it's unactive? In the past, my phone has just automatically activated after restoring to regular firmware
  5. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

The same way you did before. After the restore put your SIM in (or just leave it in through the restore) and it will go through the activation process.