Pwnage Tool 2.0 questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by salsa88, Jul 16, 2008.

1. salsa88

salsa88 New Member

I've seen alot of vids and pics of the pawnage tool 2.0 and I have also seen a few *******s that claim to be the Pwnage Too 2.0l download. But its not released yet, so would these *******s be fake spam/viruses?
    Also when its released Is it going to have instaler on 2.0 or unlock the 3g for other GSM networks?
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    The *******s are fake. And yes the jailbreak will install installer but no app works yet they need to be ported to 2.0. Go to tuaw.com they have a interview with someone from the dev team in the interview they said the first release will not include the unlock for the 3g just a jailbreak
  3. Swikity

Swikity New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Would the process of porting the apps over be very complex?
  4. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I dont think it should be....
  5. yanksralljeter45

yanksralljeter45 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I have an Ipod touch with firmware 1.1.4. I'm not sure if I should upgrade. I'm not really sure how Pwnage Tool 2.0 works. I have a few questions.

1. Does it jailbreak firmware 2.0 on Ipod touch?
    2. Is it an automated jailbreaking process like Ziphone was or do you need to do some stuff yourself?
    3. When the 2.0 firmware is jailbroken on Ipod touch, will the apps that worked on 1.1.4 work on 2.0 (I think I read somewhere that dev team made the installer apps compatible with 2.0)

I would really appreciate it if someone could answer these questions for me, Thanks
  6. buckycat

buckycat New Member

1. Does it jailbreak firmware 2.0 on Ipod touch? Yes.
    2. Is it an automated jailbreaking process like Ziphone was or do you need to do some stuff yourself? It has a few simple steps, you can watch videos of it on the revteam's blog.
    3. When the 2.0 firmware is jailbroken on Ipod touch, will the apps that worked on 1.1.4 work on 2.0 (I think I read somewhere that dev team made the installer apps compatible with 2.0) they will need to be ported.
  7. rayden

rayden Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)

From the info so far that I've got:

1. Yes, if you have copy of 2.0 FW and Mac.
    2. Referred to previous version of PWNAGE/Winpwn, it would not be as automatic as Ziphone because you need to build your own firmware. But don't worry, once it's released there will be a plenty of tutorials everywhere over the net how to use PWNAGE/Winpwn.
    3. All 1.1.4 app's won't work for 1.2.0, unless the app-maker port them into 1.2.0

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
  8. Roujax

Roujax New Member

Sounds about right rayden except its 2.0 not 1.2.0
  9. rayden

rayden Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)

Yup, you are right. People used to say 1.2.0, while the software update file name is "iPod1,?_2.0_5A347_Restore".

Thanks.
  10. yanksralljeter45

yanksralljeter45 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    If I upgrade to 2.0 where can I find the firmware copy of 2.0 (in Windows)