Pwnage question

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by life2monkeys, Apr 3, 2008.

1. life2monkeys

life2monkeys New Member

so using Pwnage is just like any other jailbreak its just more secure

Please Register or Log in to view images

i guess it does custom firmware or something? y is that better than just jailbreaking it? and 1 more thing, i watched a video for pwnage and the dude had all these firmwares already loaded into pwnage, how does that work? (dont have pwnage or iPod Touch, just doing my homework for when i get one

i just need someone to explain the whole concept to me, use dumb ppl terms, NOT iam a super hacker who wants to flex my super smart ppl hacker terms (dont ask

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  2. Firespray

Firespray Banned

By being able to load our own custom firmware, we can preload applications onto a custom firmware file and restore the iPod/iPhone with it and automatically have those applications on it without having to jailbreak and download the applications one by one.
  3. life2monkeys

life2monkeys New Member

i also heard somewhere that when you jailbreak on pwnage to 1.1.4 you dont get installer app, is this true? and if so where do you get apps? and at this poin is it even worth going to 2.0 if you cant get any apps yet
  4. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    PWNAGE + 1.1.4 = INSTALLER + SSH.

PWNAGE + 2.0 = 2.0 + SSH
  5. life2monkeys

life2monkeys New Member

God What Is Ssh, Ppl Keep Saying It, Im A Noob For God Sakes, Plz Explain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well thank you for that very aggravated sounding reply...

now...

about this wifi thing... has anybody had trouble with it? did anyone need the fix?