pwnage cannot recognize ipsw

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by tornado, May 1, 2008.

1. tornado

tornado New Member

Hey I have a pwned 1.1.4 ipod touch and the 2.0beta firmware files 51225c and 51240d but when I go to pwntool and click browse on the beta files I just get a message saying that pwntool cannot recognize the ipsw. any ideas

am i actually going about updating to 2.0 in the wrong way?

cheers
  2. Pilk

Pilk New Member

Check to see if the firmware are already pwned. If it says anywhere in the name custom_restore then it's already pwned and you don't need to do it again.
  3. tornado

tornado New Member

nope, the firmware looks fresh, tried just to restore with itunes as though it was custom software just got error 1403
    cheers
  4. Pilk

Pilk New Member

it might be that the firmware is corrupted, but i'm surprised it's doing it for both of them. silly question but your ipod is pwned isn't it.

apart from that download the firmware again, and if that doesn't work, erm, contact apple support? (haha)
  5. hiflyer

hiflyer Guest

Which browser did you download the 2.0 files with? Safari expands them and that may be your problem. If so just download with Firefox.
  6. tornado

tornado New Member

both *******s, not expanded and redownloaded again of different torreent same still.
    Ipod is pwned on 1.1.4
    dont think firmware is corrupt as i tried to do a straight restore of it with itunes and got the your not registered as a developer screen so firmware seems to be there
    x

Just fixed (ish) used someone else intel mac went straight through... doesnt really help anyone is the same boat though
    x
  7. hiflyer

hiflyer Guest

I assume that you didn't get any error messages when you did the Custom build of the 2.0 firmware. Sounds as if your problem may be the 2.0 ipsw custom build.

Should have ask... are you using the mac or windows pwn?
  8. Pilk

Pilk New Member

if your using winpwn then i'm pretty sure it doesn't support 2.0 firmware yet. unless it's been updated and i missed it. i'm on a mac so i don't check the winpwn discussion much.
  9. tornado

tornado New Member

Mac all the way

Please Register or Log in to view images

old ibook g4 so not so quick anymore.
    just finished update now running to no issues in building 2.0 just in opening (pressing browse)
    cheers
  10. hiflyer

hiflyer Guest

Just to be sure we are on the same page.... you first pwn your ipod with 1.1.4....then you build the custom 2.0...... then you open itunes and RESTORE the custom build of 2.0..... that is the procedure. If you are trying to pwn 2.0.... you cannot do that.