Pwnage and the 2.0 Beta

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by ilikemonkeys, Apr 3, 2008.

1. ilikemonkeys

ilikemonkeys New Member

Well, I tried Pwnage on the leaked 2.0 ipsw (not gonna tell you where to get it, find it yourself). It did let me install a custom ipsw of 2.0 but.... It was like absolute crap! The iPod was extremely buggy and for some reason the iTunes store was missing. There was no App store either. Nothing all that good came out of it and I immediately went back to 1.1.4. So don't bother.
  2. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    apple remove itune and app store because it is a software for developpers so those app are useless. Otherwise I didn't find any slowdown or big bug. the mail app is not completely optimized but I like the possibility to erase several mail at the same time.

I will stick with 2.0 for a moment and try some new apps using SDK.
  3. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Im going to 2.0 just to impress friends.
  4. AriX

AriX New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    2.0 doesn't work with DRMed songs, is very buggy, doesn't have the AppStore/iTunes Store, etc. The only reason to use it is if you're developing for the SDK.
  5. Hiratai

Hiratai Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It'll be useless. It'll be just as great as changing your firmware version to say 2.0. They wont believe you most of the time anyways.