iPhone 3G Pwnage 3.1 iphone 3G mac to windows

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tornbacchus, Oct 5, 2009.

1. tornbacchus

tornbacchus New Member

ok heres the story:

i have a windows so i am attempting to use the macs at school, and ive never jailbroken with a mac before.

i went through the process and saved the custom firmware that pwnage makes.

1st question:

after i save the custom firmware to the desktop, do i need the program anymore, or can i just update it with that firmware in itunes? im asking because im wondering if i can transfer the custom firmware to my windows machine and just update in itunes with the custom firmware. ( i have the firmware saved with cydia created from pwnage)

------

now i already tried what i did in question 1, but it didnt work. so i attempted to do it on the mac.

DO I need to erase my iphone before i do this? i attempted updating my iphone on the mac with the custom firmware and it did not work for some reason. i updated to 3.1 IN itunes on windows.

------
    ive never done it on a mac, and its really different than windows + i havent jb anything in months. i get about 10 minutes into the restore on the mac before i get an error message.

but my main question is #1

thanks
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    actually just saw the thread about windows and 8.2, seems like alota work, but im gonna try it and see since i already have the custom firmware from a mac.
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

If you still have access to the Mac just put the phone in Restore (or DFU) mode and restore it to the custom firmware by clicking the alt/option key and restore in iTunes.
  3. walkie.talkie

walkie.talkie New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Downgrade to a 3.0 JB first then restore with 3.1 custom firmware. This can be done on windows.
  4. tornbacchus

tornbacchus New Member

k i just did it and it works perfectly, i followed the guide

thanks