Pwnage 2.0 DFU Error 6

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Jas1222, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Jas1222

Jas1222 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok im on Official 2.0 Firmware, I Started up Pwnage, selected iPot, Found my 2.0 Firmware and it began making it, it asked me if i had Used Pwnage before i said No because i hadnt, then STRAIGHT after i selected No it said Failed to Enter DFU Mode ?!?!?!? So i went on iTunes and put it into DFU mode and Selected the Custom 2.0 Pwnage made and it gives me error 6, ANY HELP PLEASE
  2. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I just turned it on so then restored to the original firmware then tried again and it worked! If it doesn't tell you how to put it into DFU mode in Pwnage and give you steps you should start again just to be sure!
  3. dodgy

dodgy Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
  4. Jas1222

Jas1222 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I Dont get what you mean by Original Firmware ?? It did NOT give me steps to put into DFU mode it just said it Failed Straight After

Update 5: If DFU restores are giving you trouble, another route to pwned 2.0 for 1G owners is to use our first pwnage at 1.1.4. Once you are pwned there, you can do a normal recovery-mode restore to your custom 2.0 ipsw. BTW the iPhone does *not* need to be pre-pwned to be able to DFU-restore into a pwned ipsw — it needs to be pre-pwned only for normal recovery-mode restores of custom ipsw’s.

^^ Thats what it says on the site but that means jailbreaking back to 1.1.4 but to do that i need to downgrade iTunes =/
  5. bones237

bones237 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    jas, i was getting the same exact thing and this is what i did:
    close out pwnage, itunes and delete the custom ipsw on your desktop (basically start fresh)
    Then navigate to ~Library/iTunes/DeviceSupport on ur mac and there probably is a x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw file in that directory. Remove it from that directory and put it on ur desktop (make sure the "device support" folder is empty but i wouldnt delete what's in there yet just in case, just remove it....ya never know) and then relaunch the pwnage tool and go thru the steps again to build the custom firmware and this time that "I haz fail" screen should be gone and the correct "Use this screen to enter DFU mode" should be there.
  6. ntt4

ntt4 New Member

Thanks bones237, It worked like a charm for me

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. bones237

bones237 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    no prob

got my nes back.........huge!!!!! thanks dev team:

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Jas1222

Jas1222 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  9. Mehroz

Mehroz New Member

i cant find that x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw file, i also tried finding it in invisible files, i have the same error 6 problem, plz any one tell me where to find it, i checked it all and cant find it
  10. bones237

bones237 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    its ok if you don't have the "x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw" file. do you have a ~/Library/iTunes/Device Support directory and is it empty? If so, and you follow those instructions in Pwnage on entering DFU mode you should be good.