putting more music on iPods?

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, and Videos' started by Stemoy, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Stemoy

Stemoy Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    so I have about 45 gigs of music and I want to put as much possible onto my 8 gig Touch. Obviously I won't get it all but with still good quality how can I squeeze more on?
  2. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well there is an option to shrink the music file size to a smaller size to add more music. But you will have less quality of music but more quantity of music.
  3. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Delete any apps, videos, and themes you have. If you don't mind lower quality you can convert to 128kps and that will make the 45GB smaller.
  4. NinjaBurrito

NinjaBurrito New Member

The question is if you care about audio quality. You can always compress it to a rediculously low kps, like 48.
  5. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I would seriously recommend you to sit down a morning week and go through your music, I can't believe you have 45gigs of Music that you hear frequently...
  6. Crypt

Crypt Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    ^why's that? i have 47.3 gigs of music that i've heard and enjoy (i delete songs i don't like)

@op, i used to be in your situation and here's what i did

i started rating all my music, and i'd put just the 4 and 5 stars (or just 5, since you've got such a small ipod and so much music) on my ipod. and of course i'd delete any apps i didn't absolutely need, and especially all those EA games that take up 200mb or so.

eventually i just decided to upgrade to a 32gb ipod, and once i filled that, to a 64gb.

but now that i've got plenty of space, i still think that rating music was one of the better things i've started doing. makes listening to music much more enjoyable, imo- very easy to pull up a playlist of your favorite songs, etc
  7. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    ^Same here
  8. ShadowKing

ShadowKing Member

Device:
    iPad
    honestly, not to brag but 90.2GB here, all onto a 16GB Zune. you just gotta choose what you enjoy. or just make certain playlists like i did and sync em when you get bored. like, make genre playlists. i have a D&B/Dubsteb playlist, then a metal one, then death metal, then others. it helps.
  9. Stemoy

Stemoy Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I went through and deleted quite a bit of duplicates but found another part of my library separately, so I'm at 30 gigs. I just added what I listen to the most, but I do listen to it all lol
  10. Aiwa

Aiwa Well-Known Member

Why don't you just put the ones you listen to most on it?