Putting .ipg games on an Ipod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Angelique333, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Angelique333

Angelique333 New Member

Hello,

I have read the other posts on .ipg files and the closest I've come to solving this problem is knowing what a .ipg file is.

I legally purchased the click wheel game Monopoly for 5$ from Itunes today, and went to put it on my ipod touch. No go. Won't upload or be dragged into the Ipod, and shows the little black cancel sign.

I purchased the click wheel game after reading this from Yahoo:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080118072119AAUBe5M

I am now extremely disappointed that I did so, because for the life of me I can't figure out how to put the silly Monopoly game on my Touch!

I tried extracting the .ipg file by opening it with winRAR, and that just put a bunch of game files on my computer. It won't allow me to put it on through iTunes, or dragging from windows explorer.

If anyone could please describe how to put .ipg (Ipod Game Files) onto an Ipod Touch, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm at my wit's end and have no idea how to do it.

I'm currently running Windows XP home.

Thank you!
  2. juliust71

juliust71 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    there's no way you can play clickwheel ipod games on an ipod touch, that's impossible, sorry for u cause you wasted your money

edit: i just checked the link you put and i can tell that guy is and idiot, that or he was laughing at you, in the itunes store clearly says these games are only compatible with such models and ... and wont work with any other ipod models nor iPhone

sorry...
  3. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

as stated before, its totaly incompatible, there is no scroll wheel on teh touch so even if u somehow get it on, it wont work until there is an iPod Classic/Nano emulator that comes out
  4. dudeitsriley

dudeitsriley Banned

No. As said before that guy is an idiot (or a jerk). Totally incompatible... sorry dude.
  5. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Yeah, there's no chance in it working. You can always hope someone makes an iPod Emulator with a clickwheel... Doubt it will happen though. Just get Monopoly for iPhone/iPod Touch.
  6. DrMonkey

DrMonkey New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Wow, I hate it when jerk-faces make up lies which leads to spending money on something that won't work. Now we all know not to trust everything on the internet. =P

But as the person above said, why didn't you just buy the iPod Touch version of Monopoly? =P
  7. Angelique333

Angelique333 New Member

Because I didn't see an Ipod Touch version of Monopoly in the Ipod Store in Itunes :*(
  8. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Don't look in the "iPod Games" section. Look in the "App Store" section.