Put Apps on Unlimited Number of iPod touches?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by hcokim, Jan 17, 2008.

1. hcokim

hcokim Guest

Something I discovered tonight - I want to see if this is confirmable by anyone else.

My friend lent me his iPod touch so I could jailbreak it for him. I accidentally upgraded to 1.1.3 and was stuck in recovery mode trying to get back down to 1.1.1. In the end in my frustration, I just restored the entire iPod to 1.1.3. I set it up as a new iPod (NOT a backup), and voila - he had the apps I paid for!

So I'm wondering if this is just a one-time glitch or this is actually legit. I'm not sure yet if iTunes will disable them once he syncs to his own computer. My apps are still safe on my own iPod and are not disabled.

So although it's most likely COMPLETELY against the End-User Agreement, this is a nice way to split the cost of the $20 between a couple of your friends who have iPod touches.

By the way, I upgraded from 1.1.1 jailbreaked iPod touch, and it feels much better. UI is faster, smoother, more responsive, and there is less of a battery drain. And all the tiny new things are very cool.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. d00m42

d00m42 Member

That might have to do with the fact you are allowed more than one computer validation, like for songs.
  3. hcokim

hcokim Guest

i feel like if that was the case, apple would have made it clear in the update that you could validate it for more than one ipod.
  4. PhoisGOOD

PhoisGOOD New Member

exactly what he said, same with the 5g and games
  5. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Unfortunately, the moment he connects his iPod to his own computer the apps will dissapear. But yes, you can have the "new" apps on more than one iPod.
  6. ilikemonkeys

ilikemonkeys New Member

His ipod is now registered to your iTunes library as well as account athorizations. When he goes to his computer to sync, the iPod won't like it.
  7. sangesf

sangesf New Member

A bit off topic...

Can you sync more than one iPod to iTunes?

What if I have TWO touches...

Why shouldn't I be able to have my songs / apps on BOTH?
  8. dean11

dean11 New Member

you can, but if you sync one of them on a different itunes or computer the media on the ipod will then be syncronised with that library