Push randomly working

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wcstick, Apr 13, 2010.

1. wcstick

wcstick Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    My iPhone was originally a redsn0w unlocked iPhone, but after a recent restore, I used blackra1n on it. Now it normally doesn't receive push notifications but randomly at times I would get a bunch all at once. I wouldn't even connected to the internet either via data or wifi. If I use iPush Test, it would normally not work but when it does work, the notifications come quickly. Does anyone have any idea what's happening? I don't have Push Fix or Doctor installed.
  2. v1dz

v1dz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Post the 3.1.2 firmware jailbreak, all the push notifications are fcked up!
    The only try for iphone 3g is using pushfix/doc which you could install from Cydia. Not sure if it works for all the devices, just read the info on it.
  3. thedj

thedj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Mine were not working on iphone 3GS 3.1.2, so I tried push doctor and that fixed it all but then 2 days later that stopped working aswell so then I used push fix 2.0 and that fixed it all
  4. stanleybridgeboy

stanleybridgeboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Same, mine doesn't work 100%, you just learn to live with it.
  5. shadypinesma

shadypinesma New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Push always worked for me until today - now I can't get any, except I got them from Mail Notifier a few hours ago. Push Fix and PushDoctor didn't do anything to fix the problem. And I've been jailbroken since the day I got my iPod.

I've heard Apple's servers are blown out from the onslaught of iPhone 4 pre-orders, but why would I only start being affected by that NOW, and why would one program's push notifications still work but no others? I mean, I've had issues with push notifications here and there with some apps - and usually, others were having issues with those as well. And the occasional notification gets lost, but I expect that. But except for two notifications from one app and a few when I turned wifi on this morning, I can't get them for ANYTHING - Words, AIM, etc.