iOS 4.1 Push Notifications

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by tinyman392, Sep 15, 2010.

1. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Well, I've had an iPod Touch since the first generation and since the release of push notifications I've noticed that on the latest update, they aren't pushed as quickly. I don't know if it's the iPod (upgraded to 4G), or the new firmware. But I have noticed that push notifications aren't as fast as before (instant - 3 minutes late vs 1 minute late - 1 hour late). Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?
  2. nitehacker

nitehacker New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I believe it depends on whether you have ran the app or not.So for example, your Facebook notifications will only show when you start Facebook and it will then check for updates through WiFi.

Hope I helped but I did happen to notice it at first but then I kinda understood it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Really ? they were faster for me on 4.0, especially while the iPod was locked. all Push notifications are instant of 4.0 for me. but back in 3.0, it would take about 15 minutes.
  4. tinyman392

Device:
    iPhone 6
    It was fast (and instant) until I updated my iPod (from 2G to 4G). I can't figure out if it is the iPod itself or the firmware (4.1; not 4.0.x).

My Facebook and Mail notifications take forever (The only two I use), both are running in the background through multitasking. It seems to be getting better, but every so often I get a chain that are really late.
  5. ipodgamez

ipodgamez Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Hey i have 2 questions
    1) is there any way to make the mail app give you pop up notifications on the ipt4g
    2) Is it me or does the new maill app weird. It shows Indboxes and Accounts whereas before (i had 1st gen on 3.1.2) that just had accounts. i liked it better. is there any way to revert. is there a point to inboxes rather than accounts???
  6. tinyman392

Device:
    iPhone 6
    1) No there isn't crusts is just the sound notification.

2) That is the new unified mailbox feature. All it does is add and "all mailboxes" to your list of mailboxes. Otherwise, nothing has really hanged.

Back on topic. I know Google Sync servers are being slow right now, probably the mass amount of people using it on their new iDevices. But I don't know about the push notifications on Apples servers. Those are still slow. If anyone has any suggestions to fix this, it'd be great.
  7. HB10MUFC

HB10MUFC Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yeahh ive noticed this on my 3G guys..
    push notifications are delayed for most apps.
    even if they are running in the background

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. tinyman392

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Hope Apple fixes this...
  9. picklejw

picklejw Member

Device:
    iPad
    Ya sometimes my facebook notifications wont come in, on my iPhone 4... i depend on notifications alot, is this fixed in 4.1? im still on 4.0.1 because in jailbroke.
  10. b777forever

b777forever Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Facebook notifications still suck on 4.1