iOS 3.1 Push notifications do not work. Getting someone elses?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by sprigner, Jan 12, 2010.

1. sprigner

sprigner New Member

Havnt been to fussed abot Push untill now so I have only just realised im getting someone elses push notifications. Every day i get them from Beejive and Facebook claiming someone (i dont even know) has IM'd me or sent me a message on FB. I have no idea how this has happened and unfortunately its preventing me from recieving my own notifications.

Anyways for a fix? I have installed pushfix from Cydia and that is all. Is there a certain Jailbreaking programmae that has is known to definately not break the push notifications?

iPhone 2g JAILBROKEN 3.1.2

Thanks for the help.
  2. rrroach

rrroach Well-Known Member

Ya that's happening to me too. I'm not even logged into Facebook and it says "Tina Thornton sent you a message." I DONT KNOW ANY TINA THORNTON!!!

And Push isn't working for my Facebook. It tells me to connect to iTunes to enable push and I do that, but it still doesn't work.

I resorted a couple of days ago because Push wasn't working. Now it's worse than before!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

I used blackra1n to jailbreak and I tried the Push Fix from Cydia and it didn't do anything at all.
  3. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Me too! In Y! Messenger and Facebook, random ass messages from people I don't know. It ticks me off.
  4. rrroach

Alright I'm assuming that it's not the applications... We must have downloaded something bad from cydia that cause push notifications to stop working. Although I restored, I DID restore FROM BACKUP and I used aptbackup, too. I'm going to uninstall any unneccessary things that I downloaded via cydia and see if that fixes the problem
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Didn't work. The problem still persists. :\ I guess we'll either have to restore OR maybe we can finally put that "Delete all settings and data" function inside the Settings app to good use. So, who wants to be the first to try?
  5. rrroach

got it. you're going to have to run a restore. apparently, the problem is happening because of some type of "certificate" that's being used by multiple jailbroken devices. Your original certificate is replaced with the common certificate (I think) when you either a. install PushFix from Cydia, or b. you download the PushToggle from Cydia. My solution, you ask? Just don't download those two packages. Still, you've got to restore. And DON'T restore from backup just in case it's something other than the aforementioned packages. And if you're going to use Rock's restore from backup function, make sure that you're not installing either of the bad packages.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Captain*

Captain* Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Why I just wrote this:

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2021405#post2021405

Turn PUSH off in settings, uninstall very push app, restore and reactivate iPhone (if you unlock then use the tut in my text above)
  7. iPod.Touch

iPod.Touch Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Or you can go to pushfix.info and buy a unique certificate for $5.99. It works and I have done it! (P.S No advertising intended)
  8. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I don't mean to change this thread around, but Push Notifications don't work on my iPod touch (2g 3.1.2 jailbroken wiht blackra1n) AT ALL. I get a text, but no notification. I have to open the app to get it. I do not know why this is happening. I think its my wifi. Because when im at my friends house, all notifications come barging up on my screen. Help?

thanks

-narwal13
  9. rrroach

I read a page online that said it was because of a bug with the firmware. Solution is to change the DNS server on your iPod to a public server. I'm not sure why. Didn't work for me. Sounds like it could work for you.
  10. superb3113

superb3113 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ive gotten them to work. Im using the blackrain jailbreak on a 1st Gen. ipod touch; 8GB running firmware 3.1.2

I restored my ipod to defaults by holding the power and home button while it was on and connected to the computer.

Then when it restarts and the apple symbol comes up, release the power button. & when the computer detects it and tells you to restore, release the home button.

Go ahead and click restore and let the ipod restore itself.

once its done, it will reset and the "connect to itunes" screen will come up. Dont worry, just give it a few seconds and the computer will detect it and it will go to the lock screen.

Then i proceeded to install a push notification app (This was AIM in my case) & ran it and tested to make sure push notes worked, in which they did. (I recommend installing all push notification apps such as AIM, Facebook, Myspace. The more important ones at least.)

Once this is done, i ran blackrain to jailbreak and let it reboot.

I install Cydia and Rock apps. Let them do their things.

Installed sbsettings, advanced preferences along with winterboard, & Cydelete (this is not required. Just what i did afterwards)

I then ran AIM again and push works just fine.

Can anyone else do this to see if it works?