Push Notification - Zibri's scared :P

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by lauNchD, Jun 14, 2008.

1. lauNchD

lauNchD Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Ok, maybe I was a little mean to Zibri right now. He has a point, though.

Not only with the AppStore, that everything has to be verified. I know there's been numerous threads about this already, but this is really the opposite of "open" and I'm kinda scared 10.6 or 10.7 will lose its openness, too.

I'm not scared that Apple wants to take over the world or something

Please Register or Log in to view images

but I really don't like the idea of all information (IM alerts, ebay) worth notifying passes through Apple. Of course, it's not allowed to access personal data from the users, but recently it was discovered that the German Telekom (T-Mobile and such) spyed on some of their employees, wiretapping their phones, jst to see if they leaked any information!
  2. sirtooshort10

sirtooshort10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I don't think its too big of a worry to tell you the truth. I feel like if apple wanted to access other people's information for some reason they would have done it by now, their would have been a huge boycott of their products, and we'd all be stuck with windowsmobile

right now.
  3. lauNchD

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I agree, but I DEFINITELY would wait for a 2.0 jailbreak. The Push Notification Service can be a problem to that: It can simply check for /Applications/Installer.app and send your serial num to Apple. It would have to be patched first...
    Or, it could check your phone number to see if it's on AT&T, T-Mobile (Germany), Orange and so forth, and if not, void warranty, and that simultaneously...
  4. JBB

JBB New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I'll be glad if Zibri quits...
  5. lauNchD

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Well, it seems Zibri has done at least some 2.0 hacking on his own and apparently unlocked the 2.0 baseband...

6. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    He hacked the 2.0 baseband in Zibri World where everything he says is right.

Zibri is fake
  7. ElectricMan5

ElectricMan5 New Member

I fully agree... They probably do spy on there employees, just to make sure nothing's leaking out about 3.0 or something.
  8. malibusurfer93

malibusurfer93 Banned

i sense some hate toward zibri here
  9. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

....so dont use/make apps that dont require running in the backround after you jailbreak, no big deal

things like GBC and GBA will work fine
  10. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    My God, useless fear mongering. Come on, Push notification is nothing to be worried about. Hell, you don't even have to use Apple's AIM with Push. A Developer could create their own version of IM Clients and put their own Push notification in it. You are not restricted to Apple. Besides, Apple would never implicitly scan your device, it's illegal and it'd take a lot of power to do so.

And one downside with Jailbreaking and Push, since everything has full access to your device, well, that speaks for itself.