push notification for Yahoo mail

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by iceq7nyc, Jun 30, 2009.

1. iceq7nyc

iceq7nyc New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    can someone upload a mail.app with push notification for yahoo working

I tried everything possible to get push alerts for Yahoo mail working. creating a new account never does. I even called Yahoo and Apple.

I got this link from Apple http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2625?viewlocale=en_US

what beats me is that I do not have the option to choose "push" in the advanced settings for my Yahoo account. I can only choose fetch or manual and according to apple, " Fetch or push settings can be configured for individual accounts in the Advanced settings area. Note that setting Push to OFF or setting the fetch schedule to Manually will supercede individual account settings."

can anyone with yahoo push notification working tell me if they have the option to choose push in there advanced settings.

Attached Files:

2. pushmailmagic

pushmailmagic New Member

I have exactly the same problem. Apple had no information for me.
  3. marantz

marantz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i had the same problem as you guys on my 3gs,turned out it was my old push account with wed2mail stopping the yahoo one from pushing,you can only have one exchange account (push) on your device,as soon as i removed the other account the yahoo push started to work,also another thing i did was not to use the setting yahoo tell you,i just setup a new email account on my phone and selected yahoo and just entered my email address and password and it has worked great ever since.
  4. pushmailmagic

pushmailmagic New Member

I have only 1 account, and it is still broken.
  5. marantz

marantz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    have you tried removing the yahoo account and then set it back up using the built in email setup for yahoo?
  6. Swift

Swift Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Push for Yahoo email hasn't been working for the past year. It's very rare that a random user gets it working.
  7. pushmailmagic

pushmailmagic New Member

Why is that?
  8. marantz

marantz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    well push has worked fine since i did what i said above,plus i had to make sure my email were not being put into the spam folder of my yahoo account.
  9. Ezekeel

Ezekeel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Never worked on my ipt2g - works perfectly on my 3gs with the same account. I would not be suprised if Apple disabled it for iPods just to force people to get an iPhone.
  10. AllyOmega

AllyOmega New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    "OHMIGOSH!!! PUSH FOR YAHOO ISNT WORKING ON MY IPOD!!! I better go spend $200 plus $150 a month to get my email 3 minutes earlier!!!"

lol. yeah, right. anyways, i have gmail, so ive never had push email. its not too bad.