Push not working

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Thepm, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Thepm

Thepm New Member

I have an Ipod touch 3G, jailbroken. For quite some time push has not been working for me, which wasn't ever a huge issue as I only had the facebook app that really used it. But I just got textPLUS which and eBuddy which both work much better with push working.
    I was on OS 3.1.3 when push stopped working for me, and tried various push fixing tutorials from the internet and this forum that didn't solve things. A few days back I discovered Push Doctor that fixed things for a couple of days, but then they stopped again. At that point I decided to do a dfu restore to OS 4.0 in the hope that that would fix things, but it hasn't. I have also tried Push Doctor on 4.0 (which I have jailbroken with jailbreakme.com) and during it's installation it does not generate as many lines of text as it did on 3.1.3, and does not require a springboard restart in cydia. It does disable push notifications in my settings, but when i re-enable them they don't work (I am testing using iPusher and also have facebook and textplus that should have recieved push notifications)

Anyone got any thoughts on what i could try?
  2. Thepm

Thepm New Member

anyone have any thoughts?
  3. HavokD

HavokD New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I got exactly the same problem as you. Push worked on 3.1.1, but when I jumped right to 4.0, they stopped working. I simply uninstalled ebuddy till I canget them working again =/

I tried setting them off, rebooting, then setting push on, and rebooting and didnt help at all =/

Consider this as a free bump Thepm

Please Register or Log in to view images