Push Mail via mail2web on iTouch problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by MikeVDS, Jul 18, 2008.

1. MikeVDS

MikeVDS New Member

I followed the instructions in this tutorial,

http://lifehacker.com/398526/set-up-push-email-contacts-and-calendar-on-your-iphone-for-free

and everything works and mail is being forwarded to my new Mail2web account. The iTouch is configured for Mail2Web and I have it set to Push. It's just not pushing the mail.
    I know the tut is for iPhone, but shouldn't it work the same under 2.0 on the iTouch?
    Am I missing something, or will this not work with iTouch? Any help or tips?

Oh, and setting up the Mail2web account via MS Echange it passed verification. I'm stumped.
  2. GuybrushT

GuybrushT New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  3. MikeVDS

MikeVDS New Member

Yeah, well I did that tutorial after the first one didn't work and I got an error with the
    synchronica client. That one added an extra step with the client, and I don't need to
    synchronize my calendar or contacts, I just want the push email part to work, which
    is what the first tutorial was supposed to be for. I just thought I missed something.

thanks anyway.....
  4. GuybrushT

GuybrushT New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    maybe you configure your exchange account in a wrong way??
  5. MikeVDS

MikeVDS New Member

I guess it's possible, but I did it 4 times and each time it passed verification of the mail2web server configured under Microsoft Exchange in the iTouch. I also verified email was being forwarded to mail2web server account and PUSH was active on my iTouch. I've given up on PUSH through mail2web for now, and gone back to having Gmail forwarding my regular email via fetch. Maybe as more people fool with PUSH on 2.0 clues to my problem might surface. Thanks again.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Well, I thought I'd try it one more time. Now it works. I didn't change anything. All I did was turn on the mail2web account on my iTouch again and it started receiving all the mail that was sitting over at the mail2web server all day. Maybe there is a waiting period upon creating an account until it starts pushing mail. Who knows, but it works now.
  6. GuybrushT

GuybrushT New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    great! glad to hear that!