iPhone 3GS Purplera1n Phone 3GS OS3.0 Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by twigster9, Jul 3, 2009.

1. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    [Editors note: ex Dev Team member Geohot has pipped the DevTeam and released a 3GS jailbreak for use on Windows]

Note that Saurik is stating that, similar to the unofficial QuickPWN releases, this jailbreak is missing a number of essential patches that will allow JB apps, such as Winterboard, to run. See lower for latest RC release details

Please Register or Log in to view images

This is his blog:http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com/ And this is the site with his jailbreak. http://purplera1n.com. He's legit. He used to be on the Dev Team before he got kicked off. 1st iPhone 2G hardware unlock, etc. Oh, and if you haven't dumped the Purplera1n ECID file, temp stuff, or USB dump, do it now! This will ensure that you can jailbreak not matter what!
    For those of you having problems. This only works with the English version on XP or in XP compatiblity mode on Vista. For those of you having the "waiting for iPhone to reboot" crap, close out iTunes, close out Purplera1n. Restart only Purplera1n and click "make it ra1n". There should be a Purplera1n pic on your iPhone soon.

LINK: 3GS Jailbreak tutorial
    Update: Geohot released a new Purplera1n JB with kernel and sig fixes. Just rerun it over your already JB or stock 3GS. There is no support Winterboard yet but the ball is in Saurik's (winterboard creator) court

2. dle24

dle24 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Should just wait for devteam's jailbreak as Geo's jailbreak, some of the applications install with errors and it can crash your springboard, like winterboard and openssh for ex.
  3. Josso

Josso Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Let's see how the Dev Team are going to react on this.

I think that he got a lot of peoples support on this – people don't like waiting forever because the Dev Team might have closed the last hole.
    But I just hope that this tactic wont get us screwed in the future. :/
  4. ChronicFunk

ChronicFunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    MuscleNerd already reacted via Twitter. @musclenerd
  5. David0592

David0592 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Fair play.
  6. dimo187

dimo187 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    good news!now we will have more choices for jailbreak!
  7. tullm

tullm Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hi!

I Would wait:

saurik via Twitter: The PurpleRa1n 3GS jailbreak (like the unofficial 3.0 beta QuickPwn jailbreaks) is missing critical patches required for WinterBoard (etc.).
    4 minutes ago from web

TUllm
  8. SeeFreaky

SeeFreaky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Geo might've already gotten us screwed. :/ If he's using the same hole for his jailbreak, then apple can very well just close it up.
  9. ChronicFunk

ChronicFunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I don't think that Geohot, the very first iPhone unlocker, would release this jailbreak if there was a chance that we won't have a future jailbreak as a result.

I think that if you are taking proper procautions such as doing the purplera1n.com signed iBSS backup, and/or the iBEC and iBSS backup as instructed by the Dev-Team and iClarified, then you should be fine for future jailbreaks.
  10. pody08

pody08 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    i want to note 2 things.
    1. Geohot is using a different exploit than the dev team
    2. The kernel patches to get the apps such as winterboard working are being worked on by chronic dev team