Purple Screen?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by T-Rok, Jun 23, 2009.

1. T-Rok

T-Rok New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Alright so i've spent the last week trying to fix iTunes 8.2 so it will work on Vista. I finally got it to work so i decide to update my iPod Touch 1G to 3.0. It all goes all, finishes the update, and then gives me this error

Please Register or Log in to view images

On top of this error, my iPod Touch, with the newly installed 3.0 firmware shows this PURPLE screen with the connect to iTunes instead of the normal black one.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I was able to screenshot my iPod then open it from "My Computer\My iPod\Internal Storage\DCIM\100APPLE" but not copy it. So i screen shotted the opened file on my computer and saved it in paint.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this?
  2. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

it seems like a pirated beta firmware.

just put it in DFU mode, and restore.
  3. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Yea, the betas usually have the purple screens. Have you tried the latest firmware? Have you tried DFU mode?
  4. veeloc

veeloc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    this happens when you do something, but i forget what that is.

but um, DFU restore!
  5. T-Rok

T-Rok New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I tried to do DFU mode, but what i remember as being the steps to put it into DFU didn't do anything. So I was a little confused. If it is pirated i'm gonna have to go kill my friend >_>. Would it have worked for a bit before hand if it was? Cause it was working until i turned it off.

EDIT: Scratch that, got DFU to work
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I did get DFU to work. But its showing the exact same purple screen just a lighter colored purple. I pretty sure its in DFU because it doesnt give me an option to turn it off when i hold the power button and I am not able to take screenshots anymore. But it still has the turning on screen with the apple symbol. And now I've gotten it out of the lighter colored purple screen and back to the darker colored one. It can take screenshots again

I have now gotten it to no screen at all but it still makes noises on the computer. Nothing shows up in iTunes though. I was able to return it to the dark purple screen once again after this.