Purchasing Online

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Sekundes, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Sekundes

Sekundes New Member

I have a bit of a dilemma. I was going to order an unopened iPod Touch 32GB off the internet for like 200 dollars off the actual price, but if it was stolen or purchased in some unsavory way, like the seller using a stolen credit card at a store, am I going to have the police kicking down my door when I register it because it's flagged as such?

I mean, honestly, it's not so much that I have a problem with buying a stolen iPod, I just don't want to get f***ed for it.
  2. sucram6791

sucram6791 New Member

there is no reason why the police would come after u. if they do just act surprised that it was stolen
  3. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

plus as long as u have a proof that you bought it... then you are just fine!!!!!.... cuase u didnt know it was stolen or anything...*wink*
  4. Sekundes

Sekundes New Member

Well, the reason I was asking is because I have a friend who got triangulated (Seller is actually an account hijacker who uses a stolen credit card to ship something directly off of amazon to the buyer and pockets what the buyer sent him) on ebay, and he had to deal with the police for months after that, plus he lost his money because they confiscated the item and didn't reimburse him. What I'm trying to ask here is if anyone thinks that this will lead to some sort of dealing with law enforcement. I don't think that buying something just to get it confiscated, lose 300 bucks, and get interrogated is worth it, obviously.
  5. twindragons

twindragons Banned

screw them pigs!! they do no good to society anyway. lowlife donut eaters.
  6. [ß]

[ß] New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    They can take it back, but I don't think you'll get caught.
    Unless he does.
    I assume he knows how to avoid the fuzz, so I think you're safe.