Purchasing from The Cydia Store [PayPal and other]

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by cocotutch, Feb 9, 2010.

1. cocotutch

cocotutch Community Development Team Staff Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    PLEASE NOTE: PayPal and/or Amazon account/Card needed to complete tutorial.

PayPal
    Amazon

Hey guys. I read the message from studangerous and I decided to give a guide to purchasing from the Cydia Store

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm a seasoned member from iPTF, as I have been around since the 1.1.1 days, and started with an iPod Touch 1st Generation.

How to begin:

Open Cydia by tapping this; Cydia.png on your Home screen.

Wait for the "Reloading Data" message box to appear and vanish before tapping on the button; StoreProducts.png which should be near the top of the list you are greeted with once Cydia loads successfully.

By doing this you should see a list of applications appear. Scroll through them until you find the one you wish to Purchase, and click on it.

The first thing you will notice about the Install page is that it has a blue "Purchase" button in the top right corner and a large yellow button labeled the same further down the screen. Tap; PurchasePkg.png and wait for the following page to load.

Don't worry, you haven't been billed a thousand kroner from your Carrier, nor have you been charged three times the price. To continue you'll need to sign in with your Google/Facebook account.

PLEASE NOTE: In order to get an instant download, have a balance in your PayPal account so they can bill you instantly.

Once you have signed in with either; ID.png ; You will be greeted with the following screen; LinKDevice.png .

This is more than likely your first time buying something from the Cydia Store if you're reading this, so hit "Link Device to your Account" and wait for the next page to load.

Once you've selected the Link option and waited for the next page to load, you will be greeted with; PurchaseIt.png . You can choose to purchase the package with Amazon or PayPal.

If you choose PayPal, you'll need to log in with them before the purchase will take place.

PLEASE NOTE: The logging in of each service will only happen ONCE. The next times you purchase Cydia will inform you that it's "Already authorised to bill you" and the payment will be made without even logging into PayPal.

This next screen shows me purchasing "Snappy" for my iPhone; PayNow.png . Once you click Pay Now, it will take the money from your PayPal account and the download will be enabled.

PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have money available in your PayPal, it will attempt to use an eCheque (eCheck). These take several days to clear with your bank, and the download will be unavailable until the payment has been received. Cydia supports this, and will inform you when it's ready. Except you'll have to remember what you were buying to find the right "Download" button.

Once you've clicked Pay Now and it's been successfully processed you can click "Close" in this window; COmpleted.png .

The UI will then Refresh and you will be able to install the desired application.

Once you have completed this once, the process will become automated. This makes purchasing much easier and more enjoyable.

Hope you enjoyed this guide. Any questions can be posted here or PM'd to me.

I require someone to provide Screenshots of how to do it with Amazon, as an Australian I cannot use that service for buying items.

Thanks,

cocotutch
  2. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    nice tutorial, make the screenshots bigger thoo
  3. cocotutch

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    You can click on them to make them bigger. iPTF won't let them go Full size. Sorry.

4. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    i get them bigger all the time...
  5. cocotutch

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Yeah, did you upload your images to an Image Hosting site and them? I just used the Attach feature. Sorry, maybe I will be able to do that another time, but I have to bounce, going to work.

Thanks,

cocotutch
  6. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    ok... i attach mine, get the url, and use the image thingy
  7. cocotutch

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Aaah. Yeah I thought so. I'll go back through later on.

8. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    ok cool. nice tut.
  9. Happyman7

Happyman7 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Why do they need our Facebook/Google Account?

Yes, I know the date of the thread.
  10. cocotutch

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    They use your Google/Facebook account to give you a name. It saves you from having to make ANTOTHER account for you to remember. You just link your PayPal account to either of them. Then you just have to remember your Facebook password and email address. Easy isn't it?

cocotutch

P.S. If you're still unsure of the details, feel free to PM me.