Purchasing A ipod Touch - Questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jamesmor, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Jamesmor

Jamesmor New Member

Hey Everyone,

My Palm is about to die. I love my T/X, but Palm has announced recently that they do not plan on continuing to update the technology. I debated going out and purchasing a second one, but I think it does not make sense to do that.

I have made up my mind to purchase an iPod Touch 16 Gig. The calendar does not look as sophisticated as what I have with my Palm. Are there decent aps out there that will be able to provide this?

Can you add memory by an additional card slot? I see no mention of additional memory options on any of the reviews I have read. One of the nice things about the Palm is being able to use these additional cards.

Thanks
    James
  2. HLR Element

HLR Element Banned

no, you can't add more mem. if 16gb isn't enough get the 32. idk about the calendar... what do you need in it? It fulfills all my needs but they are simple.
  3. LinXitoW

LinXitoW New Member

No, theres no memory slot and no, there will propably never be a calendar alternative, because apps that duplicate Apple functionality is forbidden.
    Take a look at N810 while your at it.
  4. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    As the others have said, you cannot add additional memory without purchasing a new iPod with greater capacity.

Some stores have the iPod touch on display and powered allowing you to test it out; perhaps you could look around and find one to try and see if it suits you.

What exactly are you looking for in the Calendar?
  5. Jamesmor

Jamesmor New Member

Thanks so much for the super fast reply. May I ask what an "N810" is?

Thanks
    James
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Essentially, I am looking for something as comprehensive as my Palm Desktop, which I prefer to Outlook (which is what I believe that Apple's ipod uses).

James
  6. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I googled the N810 for you, it claims to be a Nokia Mobile Phone.

As for the memory questions, I personally have a 16GB 2G iPod Touch and it has more than enough room.

The calendar isn't what we'd hope, however, there are several applications fulfilling this need, some good, some not so good just browse around and try.

I highly recommend using only Free Applications considering you'll pay for one and be disappointed, you can't get a refund or exchange.

Best of luck,

Brendan
  7. Jamesmor

Jamesmor New Member

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for the reply...and thanks all. LOL, I never thought this would be such a decision for me. The ipod touch really looks like the wave of the future...but I love my Palm. It has made me a better administrator and supervisor. Honestly, I could not do my job without it. I just worry that Palm is going to go belly-up at some point in the not too distant future (though I have no more news than anyone else does). I also am unhappy that they have announced that their commitment to PDAs (like the T/X) is limited. They will be developing no more of them...though they plan on selling them until folks stop purchasing them...which will be soon if they stop developing them. If ipod is coming out with all of the aps they are talking about, I hope an updated calendar will be one of them. LOL, I am also partial to the ipod because my car has the dock...but it first needs to meet my needs as a tool. I cannot find a really good, comprehensive review anywhere...and certainly nothing good comparing the two of them...though there are no seeming end to the reviews.

I also think I will miss Office To Go...though I don't find myself using it as much anymore as I did when I first purchased it.

James
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ..welp, I have now called 5 CostCos in the area and they are all out of the 16 gig version. I saw a slightly better price on ClubMac, but i have never dealt with them. I know that CostCo will honor the product if there are a-n-y problems. Of course, LOL, it would be nice to find them in stock somewhere (anywhere). It's nice to see some products are selling well in this economy.

Please Register or Log in to view images

James