Purchased pre-owned Touch with apps wish to keep and add my own

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jgirl65, Aug 12, 2009.

1. jgirl65

jgirl65 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I purchased an Ipod Touch 2G from someone who was kind enough to leave a bunch of the apps he purchased on it. Plus the songs and a few movies. I have been successful at adding new songs but I really want to purchase some new apps from itunes. Problem is, I do not have his password to be able to sync any of these apps/songs to my computer. I've been doing everything manually.

I have my own itunes account which is what I wish to use to buy the apps.

My problem: I do not know what would happen to all of the apps/songs on the ipod if I were to download an app using my account. Would I lose all of the previous apps on the ipod?

Thanks,
    Jamie
  2. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    If you intend to use your own account you can't keep those apps.
  3. JIMIneitor

JIMIneitor Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    but you could make another account, and keep the others!

otherwise we would be talking about something we are not supposed to talk in this forum

I liked your other avvy better, Universal Denizen
  4. dietztho000

dietztho000 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Sadly, as bad as you want to keep those apps and movies and music, you cannot with you adding your own iTunes. It doesnt work that way and you cant do that. Sorry :/
  5. m-man

m-man Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    the only way to share apps is if you copy the app from one computer's itunes, and put it into the other computers itunes, and then the person from who shared the app with you must 'authenticate' themselves on your itunes under "store/Authorize computer"
    you can share with up to 5 people/computers.
  6. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Cant he SSH and get them on his pc then sync the ipod
  7. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No, what would be the point?

You wouldn't be able to sync them back into the iPod since you're not authorized.
  8. iTechCentral

iTechCentral Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That would be technically illegal, and backing them up through SSH would not work, because they wont show up in the first place because the DRM Protection on the app files are tied to the account that purchased them.

So unless you signed in with the sellers account, and authorized the computer, the apps will be deleted upon plugging it in.

Advertising all of the apps on advertisements are strictly gimmicks for sales.
    You could ask the seller for his iTunes password, but I highly doubt he'd give it to you.

However, he might if you allow him to clear his credit card information and address.
    You could then change the e-mail address, and contact information, but thats up to the seller.

Good Luck,
    iTechCentral