purchased music from itunes do not play

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by TJROCKSTAR, Jan 30, 2008.

1. TJROCKSTAR

TJROCKSTAR New Member

Since I have upgraded to 1.1.3 jailbreak via Arix Ipodtouchmobile method, and needing to upgrade to 7.6 I can not get the ipod to play any music that has ever been purchased through itunes.. Other music that was downloaded elsewhere or imported from CD are able to play. itunes itself will play them on the computer, and I even went so far as to wipe out itunes on my Mac and rebuild my itunes library, but to no avail.
    I assume it's an issue of DRM in 1.1.3 preventing these songs from playing, so the question is how do one correct this while remaining jailbroken? ( I love the new apps, and all the 3rd party programs)

Hey anyone else experience this issue since the jailbreaking into 1.1.3?

Let me know.

Thanks
    TJ
  2. Superperson

Superperson New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes. It's a common mistake found when upgrading directly from the 1.1.1 jailbreak. To avoid it (and not break the potential of adding official SDK Apple-sanctioned apps), upgrade your JB 1.1.1 to JB 1.1.2 first, then go to 1.1.3.
  3. TJROCKSTAR

TJROCKSTAR New Member

ahh....

I tried several times to upgrade to 1.1.2 first, but since I had upgraded to itunes 7.6 I lost the installer app every time I tried to upgrade to jb112. When I tried to uninstall 7.6 for 7.5 it did not recognize the ipod at all. So I had to upgrade directly from jb111 to jb113, and now I am stuck with 7.6, and jb113 with no ability to play any purchased songs.
  4. kappatango

kappatango New Member

When you have JB to 1.1.1, run oktoprep, then UPDATE to 1.1.2 ( shift-click + Update ), exit Itunes

Run Task Manager ( windows ) and end processes for:

Apple .... << will update with full name
    iTunes.exe
    iTunesHelper.exe

Then run the windows bat jailbreak method to get to JB 1.1.2.

You will now have installer back, update installer, add BSD subSystem 2.0 and open installer, run the Official 1.1.3 Jailbreak.
  5. TJROCKSTAR

TJROCKSTAR New Member

wish it was that easy..

Well that could possibly work if I was on Windows.
    Also the word is itunes 7.6 circumvents oktoprep, thereby not allowing the update to jb112, instead gives you a clean 112, breaking the oktoprep exploit. And I did Option+click to choose the 112 I downloaded for jailbreaking. And thats with SSH and BSD loaded on JB111. 7.6 basically scraps all that and sets it to being a straight 112.

6. kappatango

kappatango New Member

I had the problem with 7.6 breaking the OKTOPREP expolit, but managed to install 7.5 on another PC at home, and used that to re-jailbreak back to 1.1.1, holding the HOME button during the 1.1.1 restore process ( that deletes all trace of the OKTOPREP patch ).

Then I did the above - I am sure the instructions are switchable to MAC, just use the MAC version of the 1.1.2 JB and ensure that when iTunes exits after the 1.1.2 update, there are no Apple relatd tasks running, exept the one that called"ipodController" or something...

Also, if you get a message when running the 1.1.2 JB after the update, saying the ipod could not be connected, ignore it, dont click OK and let the JB run its course.

However, I dont use a MAC, but I cant see why the instuctions don't translate...

EDIT: check this link out : http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33083
  7. rhpt

rhpt New Member

Is there another way to get protected songs to work without having to go back to 1.1.1 --> 1.1.2 --> 1.1.3? I could never get the 1.1.2 jailbreak to work on my Touch. Is this issue widely reported?
  8. marcel151

marcel151 New Member

I am searching for another method, too! I don't want to jailbreak it again...
  9. stevenescalante

stevenescalante New Member

god im having this same problem!!
  10. lucone83

lucone83 New Member

Same problem---> Can't play music bought from ITMS and ---> Can't Jb the 1.1.2!!!!