Purchased iPT with 1.1.2... Can I?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by drbroom, Dec 4, 2007.

1. drbroom

drbroom New Member

I JUST purchased my iPod Touch and it came with 1.1.2 firmware already on it...

Can I downgrade an iPT that came with 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 or do I need to wait till a native JailBreak is released? There have been a number of post on this but they have been confusing on the subject.

Thanks for the help

db
  2. ojx

ojx Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    downgrade to 1.1.1 then jailbreak it then install oktoprep, then UPDATE (not restore) to 1.1.2 then jailbreak it
  3. yonga

yonga New Member

drbroom, this is your first post, so welcome to the forum.

That said I urge you, no, I BEG you to use the search function and READ the other threads in this forum! There's a sticky thread regarding the 1.1.1/1.1.2 Jailbreak, a.o.

Answers to practically all questions from new Touch owners can already be found in the forum!
  4. drbroom

drbroom New Member

Yonga

First, thanks for the welcome... As to your "request" that I use the search function, I will reply by saying this: I am not a newbe and while I understand the RTFM viewpoint the problem arise when one is presented with so many different views that they do not know where to look.

I posted this thread because I was looking for a definitive answer to the question of can a "touch" that came with 1.1.2 be downgraded. When you search for this you find both yes and no answers on this and other hack boards.

I do not reply to your post as a flame or because I take offense, in fact I have been in your position. I just think that if this question has been ask as many times as you indicate, it might be time for a "sticky" with a definitive answer.

Thanks again for a great forum.

db
  5. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    1)Download the 1.1.1 firmware(google it)
    2)Hold shift & click restore and navigate to were you download the 1.1.1 firmware.
    3)Jailbreak and install OKTOPREP from installer...
    Then go into itunes and click UPDATE(NOT RESTORE!!)
    Then jailbreak again.