purchased ipod - questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by eats7, Feb 21, 2009.

1. eats7

eats7 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i tried putting this in my other thread, but it just automerged my double post, and didnt bump it back up. sorry.

anyway.. i just have a couple more questions. i have purchased a 16gb and havent put anything on it.

1. so let me get this straight, if i jailbreak it teathered, it doesnt need to be connected to a computer and the only possible way to have to re JB is to reset it? (can i still "power off"?)

2. kinda offtopic, but if anyone has any really good cases that they use could you lend me some info?

thanks thats all for now, much appreciated.
  2. Tavis_C

Tavis_C Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1. You have it completely backwards. If you JB it, and its a tethered JB, then you need to have it connected to a computer in order to reboot it. Its honestly not a huge problem, I rarely reboot mine, and only have needed to once since I JB it.

2. I use a case from ifrogz.com, but I'm sure others will chime in and tell you what they think is best. Just look around, do some research, and see what you like.
  3. manutdfan539

manutdfan539 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

Good Questions.

1. You're iPod is no different system wise when you jailbreak it (Tethered), besides you HAVE TO be plugged into a computer to turn your iPod on. Semi-tethered fixes that but many important jailbreak apps can screw up your iPod in semi-tethered, bad. So I would still reccomend jailbreaking because the only time you NEED to power down is when you install WinterBoard, so do that at home, so you can re-power. Decovery is a good booter, and cyw00d's GUI or Chris Stroud's redtool are easy to jailbreak. Enjoy that!

2. I would reccomend getting Crystal Film so your screen doesn't get all messy, and for a dominant case so your iPod never gets busted up is:
    Contour Showcase, I have the iPhone, even though I have an iPod, but I'm sure the iPod is pretty much the same.

Showcase:
    Touch
    Phone
  4. eats7

eats7 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    alright so basically i don't have to keep it connected to the computer to use it jailbroken?BUT, if i reset it, then i have to re JB it. correct?

and - anymore cases?

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Matt-09

Matt-09 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Check out the cases at www.proporta.com. I have the Aluminium lined one and it's very nice, cheap price too!

6. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

Not re-jailbreak it, you just resend the patch in command line or use a booter.
  7. Make It sn0w

Make It sn0w Banned

I use Belkin Silicone cases and Griffin hard shelled cases.
  8. eats7

eats7 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Alright so i've just Jailbroke it with cyw00d's gui thing, so i didnt use commandline. how would i do this. is this what 1clickboot is for or is that for semi tethered
  9. celticpride678

celticpride678 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Download 1Clickboot. It will work for you and is a life saver instead of going into cyw00d's GUI. Use it!