Purchased 1.1.3 Apps with Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by ElectricBuffalo, Jan 26, 2008.

1. ElectricBuffalo

ElectricBuffalo New Member

Hey guys,

I bought the 1.1.3 apps for the iPod Touch, and I want to know if I can re-download them for free to my iPod after I've jailbroken 1.1.3. If anybody has done this please let me know. Yes, I know you can get them from Installer for free, but it would give me peace of mind if I can use the ones I paid for. Thanks.
  2. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You had to upgrade to jailbroken 1.1.3 from a jailbroken 1.1.2. Then just sync your ipod, and the apps will transfer over.
  3. ljouvin

ljouvin New Member

Sorry, but it doesn't work !!
  4. eric_chaos

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah it does. I did it myself. Did you upgrade from 1.1.1, or 1.1.2? It only works if you go from 1.1.2
  5. ska752

ska752 New Member

when you sync won't that just take away all the jailbreak and put the old stuff you had on your ipod before...
  6. pluto198

pluto198 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I thought I read other users posting that their app pack installed after the jailbreak. If only there were a way to locate a post by typing in certain keywords.
  7. eric_chaos

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No.... If you upgrade or restore, that'll take the apps off. But just syncing wont.
  8. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

In many cases, the apps won't sync to NateTrue's version of the firmware, unfortunately. If that is the case, you have to apply the Springboard fix hack to enable the apps and other features.

But since you've paid for the Upgrade pack (like I have, incidentally), you are entitled to do the above hack, since all it does is replicate the procedure the Upgrade Pack uses. Everyone else is on shaky legal ground.
  9. plasma

plasma New Member

Ive used Nate Trues version of the firmware about 6 times now and each time if you jailbreak from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 then to 1.1.3, itunes happly installs the apps.
    If you jump from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 then it fails with an error.
  10. elroy

elroy New Member

That's great for you plasma (seriously, I'm glad it works for you) - but I've updated at least as many times from 111 > 112 > 113 and the apps WONT sync for me or others, by the sound of it... so there has to be something different about the techniques being used OR the iPods themselves... or perhaps even something to do with the apps (country of purchase?).

Whatever the case, it isn't as simple as "just" upgrading from 111 to 112 THEN 113... there's something more to it.