psx4iphone-even psx4all-simply wont start

Discussion in 'Playstation 1 (PSX) Emulator (psx4iphone)' started by dinglight, Jul 28, 2009.

1. dinglight

dinglight New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i have a jailbroken 2.2.1 ipod touch 1st gen and i have been able to use the NES, GameBoy, and SEGA Genesis emulators with no problem, but with psx4iphone i install it from Cydia, allow my springboard to restart (even the entire ipod sometimes), yet when i try to start the app it brings up a black screen for about 3 seconds and then goes straight back to the home screen. I have followed like 4 different tutorials and as far as i know its not a problem with the scph1001.bin and all that stuff, it just doesnt start. i think its probably something about psx4iphone only working on 3.0 firmware? can anyone help me and/or just tell me where i can get a psx emulator that really does work on 2.2.1 ipod touch 1st gens? oh yeah and i tried downloading psx4all just by googling it and sshed it onto my ipod but it just did a white screen for like 2 secs then back to the home.
  2. sandro1985

sandro1985 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    psx4iphone 1.0.0 driving me nuts

I am having the exact same problem.

I have a 2nd gen iPod touch running 2.2.1 and whenever i try to start psx4iphone it shows the black screen for a bit then goes back to spring board.

Please Register or Log in to view images

After watching some tutorials and consulting faq's i have done the following:

d/l the bios scph1001.bios placed it in the directory /var/stash/Applications.kZmn0f/psx4iphone.app and the directory
    /var/mobile/Media/ROMs/PSX

and set the permissions to 0755 using winSCP.

I have tried combinations of only putting the bios in the ROMs folder with 0755
    setting both to 0775 or 0777 and still the same problem

i have also tried downloading the other bios files and renaming them to scph1001.bin.... didn't work either

I know the bin file is case sensitive so that can’t be the problem either.

I have noticed that any and all the tutorials on YouTube are done with the earlier 0.8.0 release

so at this point I think that there may be something wrong with file in the apps that tells it to load up the bios?

any help would be appreciated
  3. Ipodtouch2.2.1question

Ipodtouch2.2.1question New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    psx4iphone need help

Ok guys this is my first post on this forums

I have psx4iphone and for some reason version 1.00 only works with 3.0 firmware if any one knows were I can download 0.80 psx4iphone?]
    Ow ya and if you really want to use a psx emulator on your touch then YOU must use psx4all but they removed it from cydia I backed it up a long time ago then deleted it after getting psx4iphone now I have psx4all.app but I need help how to install it because Made it an ipa with winrar then when I install it it errors but dont worry guys I will put it on mega upload for you link below

The ipa has psx4all.app and _macosx
    http://www.[PIRACY.mu].com/?d=DP9VOTBJ
    THX
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ow I tried installing it with instalous it says script failed
    here is it with winrar format

enjoy
    http://www.[PIRACY.mu].com/?d=5DGK5Z83
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I mad the _macosx an ipa you can also try this
    http://[PIRACY.rs].com/files/269640890/psxemulator.ipa.html
  4. iMaztrr

iMaztrr Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Ooh [PIRACY]us. Naughty naughty. Anyways, cydia apps are made into debs not IPAs.
  5. sandro1985

sandro1985 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi again all.

Ok well thanks to Ipodtouch2.2.1question for posting the mega upload link for the old version of psx4all

I have some new problems though

I unzipped the provided ipa because it wouldn’t load through iTunes anyways; and extracted the psx4all.app

This folder I upload via Diskaid to /var/stash/Applications.kZmn0F ( which is where cydia apps get installed to).

Once that is finished i uploaded the bios version 1001 changed the permissions to 755 and deleted the psx4iphone folder. all and all fairly simple

My current problem is that the app is not showing with a white screen insted of a black screen. which effectivly makes it a flashlight for all of 5 seconds at a time. which you all will admit has it's own uses but is still no closer to me playing ff 7

Again thanks to all for the help thus far and I am looking forward to the replies

~Sandro
  6. sandro1985

sandro1985 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    For all of yall out there i have worked through some things with this app.

psx4iphone will only work for version 3.0.0 firmware and up.

the bios MUST and i will repeat MUST exactly be titled scph1001.BIN for the longest time my problem was titling it .bin it turns out that when you ssh it into your ipod tacks the .BIN on the end of it which is the correct file extention

so finialy the app loads to the rom menu.

with that being said the one game i want to play, FF VII, kicks be back to springboard once i try to load it. any help would be cool.
  7. Babygunner

Babygunner New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have the I touch 3g 32gb and its doing the same thing as Sandro. Any help would be appreciated.
  8. cloudywolf

cloudywolf New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    my ipt3 64gb has the same problem. after selecting ff7 cd1.bin at the rom screen, i see the ps controller for a brief second then kicked back to springboard
  9. vahnx

vahnx Banned

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Same issue here with iPod Touch 3G 8GB 3.1.2 Blackra1n.
  10. yesno123

yesno123 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Its not updated to work on 3.1