psx4all update includes iPad 2x Support

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ibebyi, Jul 13, 2010.

1. ibebyi

ibebyi New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Hi all,

seeing as the iPad sections of pretty much every big apple forum need a little spicing up (idk about you but im growing tired of "what is the jailbraked/cydia/unlock" threads), I have a bit of good news.

I just wanted to let you guys know that psx4all has been updated to include non-native iPad support (no more non-refreshing screens) and I report that most games run at a pretty solid framerate with sound. (have tested FF 7,8,9 and all run at ~55-60 fps with occasional slowdown). File support includes all typical disk images as well as PSP PSX Eboots.

its 2.99 but a free future update promises native iPad support with configurable buttons. At its current 2x resolution, it doesn't look too shabby and is completely playable.

tbh I was starting to lose hope in zod ever updating his stuff but it was a nice surprise.

Have fun
  2. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    im trying to get ff 7 do we need a specific file that has all 3 discs or all 3 seperate

dont post a link
  3. ibebyi

ibebyi New Member

Device:
    iPad
    hmm I haven't played as far as disk 2 yet so I couldn't tell you for sure. But as far as I remember (from actual PSX) the game creates a save file at the end of each disk that can be read by the next (actually i think all three disks can READ the save files, just not access them if they arent from the end of the disks). Seeing as the .mcr files emulate the real memory sticks, I'm assuming itll work in the same fashion.

So to give a short version of a stupidly long answer. have three different isos/bin+cue/etc. Save at the end of disk 1. Load on disk 2. play.
  4. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)

now time to find all 3, i dont even know where my ps1 is
  5. InchWorm

InchWorm Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    WTf it can run psp eboots??? that's sick (the psx eboots)
  6. Saerian

Saerian Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Just tried it out with FF7 ... runs awesome. Couldn't get the psp eboot to work, but the regular iso is working great.