psx4all To Early?

Discussion in 'Playstation 1 (PSX) Emulator (psx4iphone)' started by palidino76, Dec 9, 2007.

1. palidino76

palidino76 New Member

I noticed he has begun his playstation emulator for the iphone/ipod touch. Does anyone think it's to early? Most likely the gba emulator is done this means, because he will not be working on the psx4all. The gba emulator still needs alot of improvement, so I just don't understand why he feels its done.
  2. trojan99

trojan99 New Member

insinde the forums he stated that he is not done with gpshone he says the project is far off from being complete and there are 2 versions of the psx emulator one that just needs to be coded and one that being built from the ground up so IMO everything is running smoothly
  3. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  4. brandon311

brandon311 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I really don't think he made an assumption. Zodttd is moving quite fast than normal emulator porters (thats a good thing) but I think that some people would rather have a 100% emulation of a GBA than a 51% emulation of a PSX. Another thing is Zodttd is kinda skipping around with emulators. I think some people would like it to start off just like the order of consoles (basically how emulators were formed for the psp) Like NES, SNES, Genesis, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, etc. then go for the big ones like N64 and PSX.

Look I'm not dissing Zodttd, I'm happy he does what he does and am quite pleased with his work. I really don't care what line up emulators are but sometimes people just want things to work 100% and not be laggy. So maybe psx4all is too early. I don't know, it all depends on the person.
  5. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

He clearly stated that gpSPhone is still priority.
  6. termin8or123

termin8or123 New Member

Well the thing is, you always can't get what you want in life...
  7. brandon311

brandon311 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    But it you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need... hah

But yeah your right. I'm not complaining. I'm greatful for all the things Zodttd has done. And I'm sure he'll continue to do great things.
  8. zodttd

zodttd Active Member

I actually got into homebrew by working with psx emulation. So every platform I use, I tend to bring psx to it. I constantly improve it as I go.

The only emulator I've ported (unless you count some very early work), is gpSP by Exophase. It's really due to how much I like his code. That why I try not to change the way his code works. It's pretty much up to him how he wants gpSP to be, so I won't change his code all around in order to hope for better performance. So it depends on how Exophase goes about an update from his gpSP 0.9 to see how gpSPhone will evolve.

In the meantime I've been working on psx4iphone and some playstation related projects since I've been meaning to do this when I got some freetime for awhile now.
  9. Reeco

Reeco New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I hate the way people have a go at you. You owe nothing to anyone!!!!!!

Your doing an amazing job at everything you have done so far, so dont let idiots bring you down.

Keep it Zodttd.

P.S what country are you from mate?