PSX Speed

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by opiaboy, Jul 20, 2010.

1. opiaboy

opiaboy New Member

Ok, here is the deal.

I just recently jailbroke my iPod touch 2nd Gen. I tried all yesterday to download the PSX4iphone emulator, and finally (after great difficulty)succeeded this morning. I am usually OK at this type of stuff, but I was monumentally confused by most of what I was doing.

So, I have the emulator and I have a ROM in the right place. I want to play Final Fantasy Tactics on my iPod.

I can bring up the game, and it plays fine. However, it is just WAY too slow to even consider playing.How can I speed up my iPod to get this thing to play?

When I installed everything on my iPod, I didn't do any of the 755 permissions stuff that I have seen in so many other tutorials. I never figured out how! I have been using Total Commander to move stuff around, and I am very confused by it. Is there a way to set permissions through this program that might make the game run faster?

Thank you for all of your help,

opiaboy
  2. Shamko

Shamko Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    iPT 2G is waaaay too slow for this.
  3. opiaboy

opiaboy New Member

Exactly... that is why I am asking if there is any way to speed it up. Is there another BIOS I can download to make it run faster? Or something else I can do?
  4. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Not really, it's your iPods processor that is too slow to run the games. There is no way to upgrade iPod hardware.
  5. Mookler

Mookler Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    There are a few BIOs that make things run faster, but chances are you're already using the right one. The best thing you can do is just make sure you have as much free RAM as possible. Beyond that, you're trying to play a PSX on a 2nd gen ipod touch, don't expect lightning fast speeds
  6. opiaboy

opiaboy New Member

I have that 1001 BIOS. Are there some other ones I can add that will speed things up a bit?