PSX Save States Stopped Working

Discussion in 'Playstation 1 (PSX) Emulator (psx4iphone)' started by eraserhead, Mar 1, 2008.

1. eraserhead

eraserhead New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    First off let me say they were working fine a week ago. I am on 1.1.3, have the PSX4all app set to 777 and the ROMs to 777.

GBA, NES, and SNES are all set up exactly the same, and all are working properly.

I haven't done anything I can think of to the PSX or ROM files that would cause this, and I would have expected if I had that it would have affected the other emulators as well since the save states are found in the ROM folders.

I have checked and rechecked...set permissions again and again to 777 but anytime I try to open the .img file it crashes to springboard. I have even uninstalled/reinstalled PSX, Bios and ROMs to no avail.

I only have FF Tactics at the moment, but I can't see how the game might be bad when it plays and save states worked a week ago.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know what may be causing this?
  2. eraserhead

eraserhead New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    k here's what I found out if anyone else is experiencing the same thing (saved states working sporadically):

If you reset to springboard when trying to load a restore point in a PSX game try the following.

Start a NEW game, let it run for a few seconds and hit the menu button on your controller. When you end out select NO to save the game (you must have Auto-Save turned off to do this).

Wait a couple of seconds, and try again, the saved state should load. If this doesn't work try the same procedure with different ROMs until one lets you in then you should be able to load all your saved states.

Not sure what's causing it or why this works, but I came across it last night, hopefully the next update will be less buggy.
  3. igger

igger New Member

this happens to me aswell, and i found that the same thing worked.