PSX rom source?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Avren, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Avren

Avren New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Before anyone says anything, I have a PS1 and roughly 15 games for it. Maybe I'm wrong, but i heard roms were legal if you already own the game.

I've been searching for psx rom sources for ipod forever and I can't find any up to date ones.

Please email me or post if you know where I might find some of the games i already own, such as Crash Bandicoot or GTA 1

mesaybang@hotmail.com

Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. rob2687

rob2687 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The Internet?
  3. Avren

Avren New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes, I've been searching on google for several days now for up to date PSX rom sources and can't find any.
  4. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Since you already own those games you're looking for, make a copy of it yourself and SSH it in yourself. You don't need a source. You have your own.
  5. link433

link433 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    2 things though...

1) a PSX game would not be called a ROM... it's an ISO. I know, small a petty, but hey, when people can B&M about iTouch, I can with ROM/ISO... a ROM is from a Read Only Memory chip... hence, ROM. An ISO is from an optical disc, be it CD, DVD, BluRay, HDDVD.

2) If you live in the US, even having a backup copy of a game you bought is still illegal. Thank you f***ing RIAA/MPAA. I know what your thinking... but what if my disc becomes scratched? Ha, tough sh*t... go buy another!
  6. iPoTH4CK3R

iPoTH4CK3R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You probably wont find a source with them, because it's illegal to host them. You can rip them legally if you own a copy of the game (for backup purposes), but since most people don't own all those games as soon as a rom source goes up, it's taken down days later.

Just google for PSX roms, there's tons of sites you can download them at and then SSH them in.