PSX Continually Crashing: Permissions Successfully Set & Compatible ROMs Used

Discussion in 'Playstation 1 (PSX) Emulator (psx4iphone)' started by Crackshot3, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Crackshot3

Crackshot3 New Member

I know that similar posts and replies have been made but I wanted to post a new thread for this specific issue as some people seem to be experiencing it despite having successful installs.

I have tried several different times to install PSX without any luck: I have set permissions to 755 and placed different compatible .bin files in the appropriate ROM media folder but the app still crashes immediately after launch.

I even attempted to delete everything and try an install using installer app. source list but it also crashed when trying to install psx.

A clue into what I am doing wrong would be most helpful. Thanks very much in advance.

Using Transmit FTP for OSX on Leopard.
  2. Sarwar

Sarwar New Member

Only time I experienced that (crashback to springboard) is when I used a corrupt bios files. (I edited it in textbook). Try to start a game with bios disabled for settings menu or get hand of brand new bios file.

Hope it helps
  3. alex10113

alex10113 New Member

you dont put the bio in the rom media folder you put it in the actual application folder.
  4. dmgmantis

dmgmantis New Member

Try installing the App From installer, which always does it right and..well..erm..Right.