PSPad and Jiggy

Discussion in 'Jiggy Runtime Development' started by PAEz, May 19, 2008.

1. PAEz

PAEz New Member

Please Register or Log in to view images

Find attached a syntax file for PSPad and a zip containing the keywords for Jiggy in case you want to set it up for your favorite editor. I find the different colours help me read the code easier and spot errors as I type, but you can (have to) adjust the colours how you like them. Plus the code explorer on the right side is real handy and theres a couple of JS beautifiers on the hompage of PSPad. Get "js_beautify (Mango_lier)" does a nice job of formating the code. Also, I just noticed its got auto complete....if you type a letter and press Ctrl+J then you will get a list of all the words starting with that letter, keep typing and the list gets smaller. Also, if you go to tools, color translator, you can use it to pick colours...just use the percentage bit and turn it to decimals.

Also, using WinSCP you can easily edit your files with an editor on your PC and have the files updated on the iTouch everytime you save the file.
    In WinSCP copy the directory of the app you want to edit onto your PC and open it in the local view. Then under the "Commands" menu pick "Keep Remote Directory up to Date", click start and then click yes.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Now you can open the local file with any editor you want and when ever you save the file gets updated on the iTouch. So now when you execute the app from the springboard it will run with the updated source code, this can be handy when your editing a fullscreen app which wont go full screen when run from the Jiggy IDE (same with onAccelerate and such).

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    thanks man, rep+
  3. The Ax

The Ax Banned

Jiggy.html has *colors* too.
    but thisis great +rep
  4. optimo

optimo New Member

that pretty cool
  5. PAEz

PAEz New Member

This colours alot more words and things than the Jiggy IDE, classes get one colour, then functions and events get one and properties get another. I included all the words from the API as listed on the docs website. This way when Im typing in a word and it doesnt change colour then I know I got the spelling or caseing wrong and it breaks the elements of the line up making it esier to read for me (although some people find it makes it look more confusing). And now I noticed the auto complete I love it.