PSP screen protector on Ipod touch (3rd gen, 32gb)

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by gamepro127, Sep 29, 2009.

1. gamepro127

gamepro127 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey guys Im going to have my Mom apply my old PSP screen protector on my new Ipod touch 3rd generation 32gb (Too afraid ill mess up, as I always do!).
    Anyways the screen protector ill be applying can be found here on GameStop's website: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=38414

Basically I had tried tones of other PSP screen protectors and they all dident work. One day at gamestop I was looking at psp accesaries and the manager came up and recommended me thoes screen protectors. I told him that I had tried them before but I always messed up. He told me If I bought them that he would try his best to apply the screen protector on my psp. So I went ahead and bought the screen protectors, then the manager nicely applied them. There was only 1 piece of lint under the screen protector after he was done and it was at the very top middle so I dident really mind. Its been about 1-2 years since then, and my PSP is still in perfect shape with no scratches. The screen protector does scratch, but its always super small and can only be seen in direct sun light. So overall they were a great deal.

But, the package had 2. I still had the other one, stuck in my drawer with the cloth and the bubble remover thingy. So I decided to have my mother apply the screen protector the best she could to my new Ipod touch 32gb 3rd gen. We/she is using the following:
    Sunglass cleaner
    Genuine Ipod cloth that came with my sisters 8Gb 2g.
    Bubble remover that came with the screen protectors.
    PSP screen protector.

It will stick out a bit on the top so ill cut that off, I put the screen protector (with both sides covered by a plastic thingy) on my ipod screen and still was able to use the touch screen perfectly

Please Register or Log in to view images

!!!

Ill try to take pictures and upload them after its done and ive cut off the top. Lets see if it works, after all I have nothing eles to use a PSP screen protector on

----------------------------------AFTER APPLYING------------------------------------
    WOW! No Bubbles on the screen! The screen protector covers abotu 20% of the Home button. Dident haft to cut it!
    Cant really tell its on! The touch works perfectly, I played paper toss with no probs. Only thing was 2 tiny scratches that is like rainbow color or w/e. But their hardly noticeable. Cant believe my $6 for 2 screen protectors have made it this far =P...
  2. Yoloni

Yoloni Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Why would you put a PSP screen protector on a iPod? I'm confused.

3. Mosaic

Mosaic Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I didn't read the whole thing, although I would have suggested you bought a screen protector designed for you iPod.
  4. SilentWalker

SilentWalker Retired Moderator

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ^to save money and make use of what you have. Not everyone are rich bastards who can afford anything they want

5. Mosaic

Mosaic Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Um, a screen protector is less than $10.

Your argument is invalid.
  6. SilentWalker

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ^imagine if we all bought new screen protectors when we had ones already. Say we all had 40 screen protectors, we could have bought a new iPod with that!
  7. Mosaic

Mosaic Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    One screen protector will last you a year.

Who in the hell needs 40 screen protectors.
  8. SilentWalker

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Some rich ass bastards...now get back OT before we get infracted

9. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    most likely not, because in my experience psp screen protectors are really thick and plastic like, not like the thin flexible ipod touch ones.
    Think of it like this :
    Iphone protector = paper
    PSP Protector = note card
    it may be difficult to sense your touch because its thicker
  10. JakobKuki

JakobKuki New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    10 dollars can be a lot for some people, not you or me for instance but for others.