PSP hacking help needed

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by micaheljcaboose, Mar 24, 2008.

1. micaheljcaboose

micaheljcaboose Well-Known Member

Can anyone help me with how to hack my PSP, its on 3.9. A link to a guide would be nice or anything. Thanks for your help.
    I might have to try pandora's battery. Are there any other methods for downgrading?
    PS, my PSP is fat

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. JackT

JackT Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    You Got Mail
    i dont think i was allowed to post the link so i pm'd you

3. micaheljcaboose

It doesn't have anything about 3.9 though.
  4. deleted account 4

deleted account 4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    the first thing you need to do is get on to a "custom firmware". This is just a regular firmware, except it has M33 after it. Custom firmware allows you to run homebrew. To get onto a custom firmware, you need to have two things: a "Pandora battery" and a "magic memory stick". To get both of them, follow this guide: http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-hardware-guides/28839-easy-use-pandoras-battery-guide.html

This is assuming you do not have anyone you know with a 1.5 or custom firmware. Also, you may mess up on the battery. Or, you could just buy both of them on ebay lol. Ask any questions!

EDIT: no, there is no other way at the time to downgrade or get to custom firmware at the time
    1 person likes this.
  5. micaheljcaboose

6. deleted account 4

deleted account 4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thanks for the rep! i dont have many of those lol. Actually, it's weird. I only had 1 for like 2 months, and then I got 2 more today! Being helpful must be helpful.
    1 person likes this.
  7. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

acidmods.com is possibly the best forum for homebrews..
  8. bulbous nub

bulbous nub New Member

Timely thread, as I just put custom firmware on my PSP. You do not need access to a PSP with 1.5 or OE/M33 Firmware, you just have to be willing to do a little bit of...tweaking to your battery to do it.

I have a PSP Fat, so I'll try to explain from that, but if you have a slim, Google for the variations in the guide.

First things first, you want to back up your saved games on your Memory Stick, just in case. These are in PSP/SaveData. Second, google for a file called TOTALNewbieasyInstallerPandorasMenu.rar. Run Setup.exe and follow the instructions from there. Choose option four, the Universal Unbricker, as it will just save you time and hassle in the future.

Now for the complicated part. THIS WILL RENDER YOUR BATTERY USELESS AS A REGULAR BATTERY AND YOU WILL NEED TO BUY A NEW ONE. You need to open your battery and break a pin off of a chip on the board inside. It's really confusing to explain it, so just take a look at this pic I shamelessly leeched off of Google:

The pins run like so:
    1 8
    2 7
    3 6
    4 5(THIS IS THE PIN)

The pin you need to pull off of the board is pin FIVE. The best way to do this, I found out, is indirect heat with a soldering iron and a razor blade. DO NOT TOUCH ANY OF THE OTHER PINS, AS IT WILL SHORT YOUR BATTERY, MAKING YOUR BATTERY TOTALLY USELESS, EVEN AS A PANDORA.

Close everything up, turn the system off, unplug it, pop the MS in, pop the Pandora in, and go from there.

This is just a quick once-over guide. Do a little looking on Google before fulling attempting this. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU SCREW ANYTHING UP.

9. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    3.9 needs a pandora battery to downgrade. Either find someone that already has custom firmware and make him make one, or hardmod the battery like the above poster said.