PSP Go. Halp Please

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by thechungster, Oct 11, 2009.

1. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So after looking on an electronics shop website based in Hong Kong, I found out that you can buy one over there for £155 (At current exchange rate) and I am now considering getting one.

Personally, I am a casual gamer and just like to game for about 10-30 minutes and that's it. I can imagine many people that are going to say "Get the PSP 3000" but I have never liked the PSP in terms of size, I find it a bit bulky and the PSP go is a decently small size.

My question is should I get one for that price? All I see on the Internet is a relatively bad press, but most of these comments I've seen are from existing PSP owners and I'd understand that but I just want something that I can easily take around with me and play a quick game.

Would like opinions on what you think about it, thanks.
  2. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you can't wait a year, take the plunge. The device itself is intended for casual gamers, but there are so few casual games; that's where the problem spawns. The Minis are all priced at a premium as well, and you won't be getting ANY updates. A DSi or an iPhone is definitely recommended for casual gamers, and to be quite honest, the PSP Go is a mess.

LittleBigPlanet PSP is coming and that might be the one title that could justify your PSP Go purchase.
  3. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks for your opinions, and I understand what you mean.
  4. xFKSxSquirrel

xFKSxSquirrel Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i have a psp and never play it anymore. its one of the originals and is in perfect condition but i really hate it becaues of its size and there not really any games i like out for it
  5. rileyman

rileyman Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    My opinion: wait for custom firmware. Then if you dont like the games, you can use emulators on it.
  6. SmoothTroopa

SmoothTroopa Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    its a nice device, but in my opinion the psp is not suited for casual gaming. When you launch a game on the iphone it will be on in mere seconds, now on the psp it would take longer and at least for me it makes it not worth using it for casual. But for high quality games its awesome. Monster hunter, FF crisis core, Soul Calibur, Tekken 5 and soon 6, GT5, LBP, Assassins creed, Invizimals (although its a bit unclear whether or not it will be playable on the slim) and many more depending on your taste. I say get it. You'll even get GT for free.
  7. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    +1
    Yeah, and homebrew, and such. That'ss why I'm postponing my purchase.
  8. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah, I would love LittleBigPlanet on the PSP. But since it's about £200 here in the UK, I'd spend the extra £40 for a PS3.

But, for £155 I'd get it, it seems so sleek and I love the slidey feature

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well yeah, but most of the games worth buying for the PSP are not present on the PSP store. It's a shame there is no support for previous PSP owners.
  10. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Wow that's a bummer

Please Register or Log in to view images