PS3 vs XBOX360 TO BUY

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by willytboy, May 15, 2009.

?

XBOX 360 or PS3

1. XBOX 360

13 vote(s)
    46.4%
  2. PS3

15 vote(s)
    53.6%
  1. willytboy

willytboy New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hey guy's I need some help on which console to buy.
    XBOX360 or PS3
    I'm getting either one of these soon so i need some suggestions I am aware that xbox 360 also has hardware issues and the fan is kinda noisy. I live in Australia and it costs around $399 and a ps3 costs around $688. I just need a perfect console for gaming I don't need to use the internet I just want to play new fun exciting games also the xbox has 3 years warranty and the ps3 only has 1 years warranty it doesn't really matter about how good the graphics is I'm not really going to use the wifi internet thingy how ever xbox has most problems referring to hardware then ps3 it is a very tough decisions to make either one any suggestions on what console to buy and which console is worth the money.
    I already have a full hd tv and it came with a free blu-ray player.
  2. CheeseBurgerMan

CheeseBurgerMan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Here's my opinion, PS3.

Only because of these Pros and Cons of both:

BTW I don't own a 360, my neighbour has one so feel free to correct me and please don't flame!

Please Register or Log in to view images

PS3:

Free online, I'll say it anyway just in case you do want to look at online features.

Play Blu-Ray.

Most commonly 4 USB Slots, depending on what u use though it may be useful or may not.

About the same graphics.

Both need HD cables if you want high def. ($50 im also in Aussie, its worth it)

Access installed game data through the folders on PS3, don't think you can with 360.

Both big and chunky lol

Better microphone. Wirelessness.

Bluetooth (Does 360 have this?)

360:

Online: Quite expensive in the long run.

Although things like Headphones + mic are cheaper.

Some Games usually about $5 cheaper.

I don't know much more

OVERALL:

Go with whatever your friends have I say, unless you really cannot stand the 360/PS3 controllers etc. lol

Hope I helped
  3. korvmannen

korvmannen New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had a 360 and I loved it.
    There were so many fun games for it, I play alot of RPGs and the 360 had alot more exclusive fun RPGs than the PS3.
    For me the choice was simple.
    I never had any problems with my 360, I didn't notice the fan when i was playing the game, never encountered any RRoD.

I don't have a HD TV so graphics for me between the PS3 and 360 makes no difference.
  4. CheeseBurgerMan

CheeseBurgerMan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah as he said it also depends what games you are into.

For me the 360 controller is quite uncomfortable at start, but easy to get used to, also in FPS games it is better because the Triggers slope inwards rather than outwards and it makes more sense.
  5. Aurongel

Aurongel Banned

PS3, no fear of harware failure, free online, blu ray, customizable hard drive capacity

I own all 3 consoles, my Xbox has so far used more money than my PS3, because I had to pay 99 USD for the adapter, 60 USD for live, and 100 USD for repairs (e74)

bought a launch console for 400 USD, total cost (minus games obviously)

~700 USD :O
  6. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

Xbox 360, I've had both, and PS3 just was not worth it. I think you'll have more fun with an Xbox 360 especialy on Live.

Get a newer one though obviously, but damn that e74 error.
  7. Aurongel

Aurongel Banned

The only thing I honestly like about my Xbox is Live... almost everything else about that console is crummy to be honest...
  8. Soutar_3DG

Soutar_3DG Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a PS3 never had an 360 but played on it at friends before, only thing i don't really like as people have said is the controllers, don't know what is wrong with it just feels slightly awkward to me and why do people day that Xbox live is better all i do online is play against people and the only thing the 360 has over PS3 in that respect the number of people but that doesn't necessarily make it better sometimes having to many people is worse.

Anyway might vote is for PS3, also PS3s don't break as much
  9. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm a PS3 owner but to be honest I wish I'd settled for an Xbox. Although the PS3 is technologically better and has Blueray, the Xbox has downloadable content and, as I'm an avid hacker of every bit of tech I get, the Xbox can be played around with while the PS3 can't... The only reason I'm keeping my PS3 rather than selling it and getting an Xbox is hopes for the consoles future, that and the fact I love playing Little Big Planet with my son

Please Register or Log in to view images

If you want fun now go for an Xbox. If you want LBP, Blueray and aren't too bothered by the lack of DLC and updates for many games (GTA4, TF2 e.g.) and have some extra cash to burn then get a PS3.
  10. KevN

KevN Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Xbox 360 if you like to play online with your friends and play various FPS's like Halo and
    Gears of War.

PS3 if you don't have a blue-ray player (which you do) and like graphics....and offroad racing games.....and Resistance...

I like my 360 solely for Xbox Live, and maybe a little Halo 3.