ps3 oblivion VS pc oblivion

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by DarthVader1432, Mar 16, 2009.

?

whick 1?

1. ps3 oblivion

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. pc oblivion

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. DarthVader1432

DarthVader1432 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Ok here it is

I have pc fallout 3
    I have an Asus g50vt a1
    I can play at semi high graphics, however there is many places where gameplay seems shaky and not solid. Many hiccups and lag.
    Im trying to mod but i really haven't got anything yet.
    Maybe if i get a 360 controler it will feel better
    It plays for the most part OK

I had oblivion for my 360.
    It played perfectly. Barely any hiccups or lag or anything. good graphics(probably not as good as the pc. BUT I'm wondering if the PC version has the same problem as fallout 3 shaky not solid feeling gameplay?

Now my 360 is smashed and i won a ps3 and a pc. I only had really one good character and he only got to level 21. I havent reallly explored the full game yet. I'm probably going to make a majical type character. The mods seem so cool...but they can unbalance the gameplay and i can always mod fallout 3.

I'm probably going to end up buying the game of the year edition ps3 version becuase its only 30 bucks while the pc is 50. i only got 32 bucks.

I think the ps3 will have better graphics and gameplay becuase i have hdmi support and its optimized for the ps3 not my exact cmputer. am i correct?

im moved this from OT section
  2. Kukumber

Kukumber New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What kind of hardware does your PC have?
  3. DarthVader1432

DarthVader1432 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    asus g50vt a1 has 2.7 ghz overlock processor
    and 9800 gt graphics card. it can handle most evrey game. I can play crysis decently on medium.
  4. Kukumber

Kukumber New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oblivion should do just fine on your PC. Actually I'm surprised you are having problems with Fallout 3, both work great for me and I have a 8800 GTX.
  5. Led

Led Banned

Your PC can definitely run oblivion on high without any problems at all. It's your choice.
  6. DarthVader1432

DarthVader1432 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i can play fallout 3 fine. its just the frame rate tears or kinda "skips" when i move with the mouse. maybe im moving the mouse to fast.

what are the best settings to play on a decent pc? is there any settings i should turn off? or turn down low to improve gameplay but still retain better graphics than consoles?
  7. Kukumber

Kukumber New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    As long as you stay clear of too much Anti-Aliasing you should be absolutely fine, as Led said high settings should nto be a problem at all.
  8. Led

Led Banned

Go to canyourunit.com and run it, just to make sure.

Edit: i can't find oblivion on there. still a good site so i'll leave it up.
  9. DarthVader1432

DarthVader1432 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i know i can run it for a fact its just the gameplay quality im worried about.
  10. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Get the PC version of Oblivion. I have it for PC and I can run it full graphics with an 8600GT no problem. Also with PC you have a LOT of mods you can use to add more content to the game. You can add new weapons, armor, quests, better details to the enviroment, ect.