PS3 Features ?

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by iMikkie, Jul 9, 2010.

1. iMikkie

iMikkie Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Im thinking of buying a PS3 slim as a multi-media gaming device for my bedroom, as I recently had an Xbox360 - which was the most over-rated pile of expensive trash I have ever seen.

Apart from the obvious blu-ray support.
    What other features does the ps3 have?
    Like what things can you do on the homescreen?

Thanks - Michael.
  2. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Here's what I think

Get a PS3 if you want Blu-rays.
    Get an Xbox 360 if you want something to hack.

That's pretty much all the difference between the two. Except the PS3 has a sh*tty web browser, but whatever.
  3. iMikkie

iMikkie Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Lol - the xbox has no web browser.
  4. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Because it doesn't need one. It's a game console.
  5. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    The Xbox is gaming centric, the Wii is family centric and the PS3 is entertainment centric.

Its that simple, why don't people get it?
  6. Lagunatic

Lagunatic Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    one cool feature is the SIAXIS. u can tilt the controller to steer in some games. i still rather the xbox tho...
  7. Waffle2jazz

Waffle2jazz Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    blu-ray player, music player, netflix, internet browser, themes, gaming console...

theres a lot more but those are some of the obvious ones off the top of my head.
  8. Number8

Number8 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    PS3 is a lot better if you want a multimedia device. Basically you can game online or offline. It has some decent games, maybe not as many as the XBox or Wii BUT it has everything else pretty much. I usually connect it to my home group so I can stream stuff to it from my computer and watch my movies. You can do some Call of Duty on it and then switch to a nice relaxing movie lol. Pretty much, it's an entertainment device, it's what Sony does. Just like the PSP which I enjoy very much, rockin my PSP 1000 Phat lol.

http://us.playstation.com/ps3/features/ and a link to some features.
  9. Aiwa

Aiwa Well-Known Member

Umm, it has a web browser.
  10. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    It is a great multimedia device. This may not seem like a big deal but to me it is, its more computer like. What I mean by this is I can put music or movies on a flash drive, plug it in and listen/watch it from the flash drive or copy it over to the ps3 hard drive. Same goes for game saves, so you can back them up easily or put 100% ones on there.

The ps3 also has bluetooth that pairs with much more than just the remotes. You can pair headsets (any headset not just ones made by sony) mouses and keyboards.

If you have a psp the ps3 can be used as a computer. Every thing the psp relies on the computer for (except hacking) can be done on the ps3. There is a bunch of cool features that the psp and ps3 paired together can do. One example would be Gran Turismo 5 (the reason I bought my ps3) you can use the psp as a rear view mirror in the game.

The playstation also has a MUCH better UI. Its clean simple and easy to understand, as opposed to the xbox where there is a bunch of BS categories where you can't find anything. Another nice feature is the playstation has a slot loading disk tray (not that big of deal but nice)