ps3 and xbox 360 questions

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by touchhacker101, Feb 28, 2008.

1. touchhacker101

touchhacker101 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i read that the ps3 has 8 cores running at 3.2 GHz each. Does this nessecarily mean the
    ps3 runs almost 3x as fast as the xbox 360, which has only 3 @ 3.2 GHz?
    can someone explain the difference between xbox live and ps3 marketplace(or whatever its called) and which they think is better? thank you.
  2. masterwill22

masterwill22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ugh! Delete this thread before anyone finds out! jk. Ps3 and xbox360 are both good. For the processor speed, i HEARD that ps3 was faster than xbox360 so it can support the latest gen games(To answer your question). They're not enough good games for ps3 while xbox360 has better games. So it basically evens out.
    Also
    Live: More organized and you can ACTUALLY FIND your friends. It's amazing... i know. But you have to pay 10 bucks per month and 52? for a year. I don't have a xbox360 so im not sure.
    Marketplace?: I heard that the ps3 had free internet connection but i never knew it was called marketplace... lol... I didn't even know it had a name! Well... i heard that you couldn't find your friends and it's not community friendly as live was. If i made any errors please correct me. This is second hand information

Please Register or Log in to view images

I don't own either console.
    1 person likes this.
  3. touchhacker101

touchhacker101 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i want to get an xbox 360, but i wasnt really sure...i knew live was awesome but i didnt know how the "ps3 version" of live worked and if it was better. the ps3 is way too expensive..$399 i think..im also not sure whether i should get premium or arcade..

thank u very much, i will add 2 ur reputation
  4. bosoxfan1

bosoxfan1 New Member

get xbox360 with the 20gb harddrive its so much better. its worht the money plus you cant play arcade with the cheapest xbox 360.
  5. touchhacker101

touchhacker101 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    but wait, then why is it called xbox 360 arcade?

6. xX945Xx

xX945Xx New Member

i am a PS3 and X360 owner and i must to tell you that Live and PS Network run the same speed (well with me). (read the next if you don't know which console buy). If you like movies and you have an HDTV buy a PS3 but, if you want a console with a bunch of good games, demos and arcades buy a X360.

Note.- If still have a question i recommend you to visit this site www.gamespot.com .

100th POSTS
  7. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

I own a 360, and if you're looking for titled games for the 360 only, get it. If you also want the live experience, get the 360. The speed it hardly recognizeable juxtaposed to the ps3. Plus, I'm saving up for a Wii this summer. Brawl Time!
  8. touchhacker101

touchhacker101 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    thanx for the help, im getting a 360

9. iHomer

iHomer New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Basically the 360 is better than the PS3 at everything, the only reason to buy a PS3 is for Bluray, but the 360 video marketplace is so much better. Digital distribution ftw!