iPhone 3G Proud Member of the iPhone 3G Club

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ThrowAway, Dec 12, 2008.

1. ThrowAway

ThrowAway New Member

I've had my iPhone 3G now for almost 3 weeks and the love affair continues.

I loved my 32gb 1st gen iPod touch and then I upgraded to the 32gb 2nd gen iPod touch. Now with my iPhone 3G I feel like I have reached Nirvana and finally, I'm not tossing and turning over upgrading to a 2nd gen touch (which in the end I did) and then losing sleep over upgrading to the iPhone 3G.

Man I should have just got the iPhone first off!

Have to admit though.......I did buy a 8gb 1st gen touch to replace my 32gb 2g touch. Just to muck around with jailbreaking again

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. MrFairladyz

MrFairladyz Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    sorry if i insult anyone, but i just dont want to use the iphone 3g as a phone (too much monthly $$$, and alll it adds is 3g, gps, and phone+messaging) an ipod touch would definitely suffice for me. but for a phone, i would use

a) Blackberry Bold
    b) xperia 1

i really like the Bold though...

dont get me wrong, the iphone 3g is an AMAZING device... but doesnt match my needs

ipod touch ftw!!

one thing though, it would be cool if the ipod touch had A-GPS like the 3g...
  3. ThrowAway

ThrowAway New Member

I truly dislike the BlackBerry bold.
  4. MrFairladyz

MrFairladyz Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    maybe i should explain myself....

if i were to have to choose one device for all of my needs, i would choose the iphone 3g

however, if i could have it my way, i would rather have two devices, an ipod touch for all the things it does, and a blackberry bold for a phone (as a combo)
  5. ThrowAway

ThrowAway New Member

Having two devices would suck IMO as much as Blackberrys suck.
  6. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    the biggest thing that got me was NOT having two devices in my pockets.
  7. ThrowAway

ThrowAway New Member

Knowing that there was something "better" than the touch was what got me.

It's a sickness

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. acecchetto

acecchetto Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    This is the exact reason why I upgraded to the 3G... always had my Touch and my Razr in my pocket... realized that the iPhone would reduce me down to one device... that and one of the selling points for the iPhone was when my wife wrote an online test for school while we were stuck on the highway due to a accident... that was the turning point for me.
  9. soccerpro100cn

soccerpro100cn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    blackberries do not suck. they are very well made phone with features that rival and even surpass the iPhone, such as it's free Blackberry push service. Also, standard features such as video recording, mms, and copy and paste have been availible on Blackberries for a while. But, it doesn't mean they are the best. For example, the touch UI on the iPhone is far superior to any other touch based interface out there. Also, the iPhone's capacitive screen is the best i've ever used (only a handful of other capacitive phone out there, but the iPhone had the most responsive). The iPhone also has a better selection of apps on the App Store and has a better graphics engine. Most importantly, the iPhone has Safari as its browser, which has yet to be fully beat or matched (SkyFire doesn't really render anything, all it does is basically render the page on its servers and sends a PDF to your phone in a second).

And don't forget your girlfriend who has those gross long finger nails painted and jeweled and everything. Her only option is to get rid of her fake nails (not happening sadly), use a resistive touch screen device, or buy a non touch screen phone.

But still, iPhone 3G's abilities out weigh its disabilities.