Protector films?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by freejam, Jan 2, 2009.

1. freejam

freejam New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I tried my best but couldn’t find any protection for my iPod touch 2g’s back (I live in Asia & I don’t use credit cards so purchasing online is off the list). So I was thinking of buying good quality tinted films for car windows like “3M” they are cheap and cut it out and use it as a back protector for my iPod touch 2G.
    What do you think, this will work or not? Or do you have any other suggestions.

I also tried to find universal protectors but in vain. So the only thing that I can think of now is car tinting films.

I need some suggestions on this from you guys.
  2. dabomb1022

dabomb1022 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Maybe.... Im sure that it is better than nothing you should do it!
  3. IamMartin

IamMartin Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    try BodyGuardz, it's the same protective film on cars to stop them from getting scratching

search bodyguardz on google
  4. iTuchChris

iTuchChris New Member

When i bought a protection from Belkin, the only thing was that it was for iPhone, but the guy in the store said that the protection would fit even if it was'nt for the iPod Touch, and now I have a protection that's way to big! So now i gotta get a new one ><
  5. angelzz

angelzz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well i also live in asia and i dont use credit cards so i cant purchase anything online

im using belkin leather case, well it fits perfectly and my ipod doesnt have scratch at all.
    im thinking to buy bodyguardz (they sell bodyguardz and invisible shield although they have to import it first and the price is OH MY GODDDDD so expensive)
  6. freejam

freejam New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't mind paying 30$ or 40$ for Zagg or bodyguardz but I couldn't find these anywhere. I do have silicon case for Ipod touch 2G but still I want it to be clean and perfect. Silicon does attract dust.

Anyway I will buy the 3M protection film, try it and let people know how it went.

& iTuchChris: people working in shops think they are very smart and they know everything(but they are wrong

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  7. smoothfreeze

smoothfreeze Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    What silicon case are u using? And which part of Asia are u from?
  8. freejam

freejam New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I live in Middle East (UAE) I use Capdase Silicon and Guys I did it

but but there are a lot of problems trust me, whatever you have to do buy zagg or bodyguardz or xyz but don't do it your-self it's very difficult to do specially on corners(it's not settling) and i had to cut huge piece for wifi. BOTTOM line Don't do it yourself. I also touched the film a lot of times because finger print doesn't matter on the back

. It took like 30 minutes. Finishing is not good but it's saving my iPod's back

. As long as this ugly looking part is hidden under Silicon case i am happy

I am attaching some pictures so you guys can see how it looks like.

sorry for the low quality pics

Attached Files:

9. craynerd

craynerd New Member

I`m really sorry but this just confused me! One of the reasons I buy ipod is because of their looks and to me, there is just no point in doing a "bodge job" and making it look tacky and cheap - I`d rather have the scratches.

I`m not trying to say get it all scratched up, infact the opposite, i use a zagg IS but In would rather have nothing, look after it and deal with the scratches rather than stick film all over it that will make it look a mess!

I bought some black soft velvit/silk from a local textiles shop and made myself a little case (well I kinda got my grandma to stich it up!). I find this protects it more than anything else!
  10. ZEvangelist

ZEvangelist New Member

I believe the invisibleSHIELD is sold in retail stores in Asia. There is a link on www.zagg.com for retail locations at the bottom of the page.